or Connect

Posts by babsbob

I want to find out so I can tell my other kids and they can get excited about having a brother or sister and which of them will be getting a new roommate. Plus I gave away most of my baby stuff so I need to buy some more clothes or get some hand-me-downs if it's a girl. I don't mind gender-neutral things but it's hard to get a lot of those. I felt the same way about all the blue/pink stuff with my first and wanted to avoid that but I ended up doing a lot of pink/purple for...
Good morning all. I'm at 9weeks. I'm just glad I survived the marathon work week last week and I didn't get my kids' colds. I just layed around all weekend and went to bed at 8:30pm. Luckily I won't have to work again anytime soon. I haven't had bad naseau but I haven't felt great either. I just don't feel good in my skin. And I'm just tired and cranky. My first midwife appointment is in 15 days. Happy March everybody!
I just wanted to say that I ate a spinach salad with toasted pecans and craisins for lunch! I feel healthy now Dinners are hard for me too - I usually am tired and slightly queasy when it's time to cook. Last night I just made scrambled eggs. I was thinking about making some teryaki chicken in the crockpot so I can make now instead of later - but then I have to smell it all day. Yuck.
Maybe you're just really lucky! You could either take another HPT just to reassure yourself or go in the Dr's for a blood test. Just insist.
I wish I could eat that healthy!! I need to eat more fruit and veggies. You could maybe aim for 1800 calories later but right now just eat what you can and don't worry about it. You don't really gain much weight (or you may even lose some if you are sick often) in the first trimester and the baby doesn't need much right now. I hope this goes away as a "topic". Gotta love 'em!
I haven't counted calories since I was dieting last summer. It's too much math! "They" say you are supposed to eat 300 extra calories a day when you are pregnant. Since the average person supposedly eats 2000 calories a day to maintain their current weight that's why your midwife said 2300 calories. Are you eating only 1500 because you're sick right now? If so, I wouldn't worry about it too much. Just eat what sounds good and eat small snacks often to help with...
I think as long as you get and walk every two hours you would be okay. It just depends on how you think you'll feel. If you won't be too tired or uncomfortable I say go for it!
I know how you feel - I can't wear most of my pants already. But it you are 5 weeks pregnant it is not the baby that is making the bump. The baby is the size of a sesame seed at 5 weeks and your uterus is still tucked under the pelvic bone. It is probably super pregnancy bloating. I'm not sure what makes it happen maybe someone else knows the science behind it but I have the same issue.
I'm taking the Rainbow Light One a day prenatals and the OmegaMom prenatal fish oils. I might ask about an Rx for prenatals though so I can use the funds from our FSA.
Okay now I'm craving Chinese food and Thai food. I'm very suggestible. Luckily DH is cooking today and making some of my favorite food and dessert so I think my tummy and baby bean will be happy. I only have one bra that is still comfortable and I am bloated too! I have a meeting to go to on Thursday and Friday and my suit pants are too tight. I'm going to go look for one of those extender thingies.