or Connect

Posts by littleveggiemom

My 4 year old will only use our home bathrooms. He is not just afraid of public bathrooms, but bathrooms at other people's homes. He holds it or we go outside (thank goodness he'll go by a bush outside). He goes before preschool and he'll hold it until we get home. At people's homes he'll look at the bathroom, maybe step inside. In public restrooms he panics and will have a meltdown if you try to make him go inside, even if he has to go really bad. I've tried...
I hear you. I'm going through the same thing. 3.5 yr boy and 10 mo girl. He hits her, pushes her, hits me..... throws toys at us... Three is very difficult. The strangest thing. I bought a baby doll for her and he has claimed it. He carries it around. Acts like it falls, then goes over and comforts it. Then he disappears in the baby's room and say he is feeding the baby. He'll get up in the rocking chair and act like he is nursing the baby doll. Maybe...
Quote: Originally Posted by Zing Oh yes, we have been there too and it is so hard. I began to feel really disgusted by my older DD and had to readjust my attitude. I wrote some articles (with tips) about this here. It has really helped my older DD to feel like she has some sacred space (special alone time and outings with me, toys she doesn't need to share, and lots of laughter and playfulness). This behavior is just a reaction to feeling displaced and...
More information: DD is sometimes hitting DS over toys, but now it seems more about getting attention. Yesterday morning DS called for me "Where's Mommy?" When I said "here I am" he pushed DS laughed and ran away. When I answered the phone yesterday (twice) DD hit DS. Other times DD hits DS for no other apparent reason other than to get my attention.. laughs and runs away. More advice please.
Thank you very much. This was very meaningful.
Thank you all for your ideas. I'll do my best to implement them. It is the end of another long day of battles. I so wished that DS had taken a nap today....that's another issue. I know life is good, but I'm tired. :
My 3yr old son mostly ignored his baby sister (8 months now) until she started crawling, then he started hitting her if she went near his toys and now sometimes her own toys. As I reacted and scolded him, he now thinks it is funny to get me upset and hits her or me to get me to react. I've tried "time outs" but he will not stay on a chair. I've put him in his room but I'm afraid he'll connect negativity with his bedroom. (I already have difficult napping issues.) I've...
Thank you all. Your replies have helped. Maybe I'll just pray for age 4. 8 months and counting..ha ha ha! We are vegetarians and eat only organic food, so I don't really think it is the food, but there may be other triggers. I'll start keeping a log to see if I see a pattern. Thanks!
My son is 3 yrs and 2 months and we've been training since mid-Feb. I gave up for a few weeks because he slide backwards. It seems like we've been PT forever. The last 3 weeks we've been making a stronger effort and we've been progressing as long as he's naked or in underpants. No success with pants or shorts on...maybe I"ll try that again next week. He is also scare of non-home bathrooms -- REALLY SCARED... this could take a long long time. I'm just not sure I...
I have a three year old who is "intense". He always has been, but now it is in the form of tantrums, hitting, kicking, screaming, being obsessive and stubborn. We went to the zoo yesterday with his cousins and baby sister. Baby sister cried most of the way there (8 mos.) 3 yr old started hitting her because she was crying (that did not help). I had him in a stroller because he still doesn't follow instruction well and it was a lot of walking. Three of the times...