or Connect

Posts by Alathia

My oldest is very, very VS, and my youngest is shaping up the same way. My oldest could do it around a year (I remember we got it for him when he was about 9 months old), my youngest just started getting it right consistently last month at 14 months.
DS1 and I had it. DS1 came down with the fever the day before Halloween, and it quickly morphed into pneumonia by tuesday night. we ended up at the hospital with him to get his O2 stats up on wednesday, so that was five days from fever to pneumonia. I got it and also got double pneumonia as well. We are both asthmatic. DS2 is the only one of us who had the H1N1 and regular flu vax and did not get sick. DH also did not get sick, but he has an abnormally healthy...
HELP! My 14 month old has been nursing like a newborn for the past two weeks. He asks for it pretty much every 45 minutes, and throws himself on the floor and cries if I try to redirect him to something else (like actual food or water). If I'm not around (I work on weekends), he is fine and doesn't ask for milk at all. But if I'm around, it's mama mama mama all the time. There's been nothing out of whack or changed in our schedule the past two weeks either. Is this...
are you still looking for a photographer? I also wanted to recommend some: Teddi Yaeger. She is fabulous and oh so nice to work with Emily Weaver Brown. Someone else referenced her, and I've always adored her work Jennifer Loomis. She does astonishingly beautiful maternity work, but is not located in Seattle full time so I'm not sure of her schedule. also, if anyone is interested in booking me for a maternity/birth/newborn shoot please PM me and let me know. ...
Quote: Originally Posted by hablame_today Well I only have the one little kid, but how I think you could try to get Boobah more involved is get her to help you teach Bella. Just a thought. I had the same thought. You could teach your 5yo lessons and then have it set up that she teaches her sister. That way you could give more refined lessons to the 5yo, but the 3yo still feels like she's being taught and in real class as well. My 4yo loves...
Hi there! I have a 14 month old as well, and a 4.5yo that is gifted. My oldest is very VS and learns from watching and mimicking. So far my youngest seems to be following in his footsteps. I just wanted to chart along with what my son does as well: Quote: Originally Posted by MyZymurgy - He recognizes all the letters of the alphabet (if you ask him to point to a specific letter, he will) mine does as well, but I chalk this up to his older brother...
hi i'm the alex that aufilia and erinbird reference. I'd be happy to talk to you about maternity and birth photography! I'm highly interested in doing birth photography because most people really aren't welcoming about having their births documented in that way. I also enjoy newborn photography as well, you can check out my newborn work on my blog here I also wanted to point out that to find photographers on Craigslist, you will need to look in the "creative...
DS1, age 4.5, is going as Indiana Jones. DS2, age 14 months, will be going as Short Round. I will be having coordinating costumes as long as I can get away with it. heh
both my sons have dark brown eyes. DS2 had beautiful, dark blue eyes which slowly turned to hazel and slowly turned dark brown. Now him and his older brother have the exact same eye color as I do. they are half asian.
they make little Tball sets where it automatically will "pitch" for you. My son got one for his birthday and it's easier for me because I kind of am sports challenged. It shoots out and he bats them in our backyard, which he likes better than the stationary Tball stand. both my sons are pretty physical, since DS1 is 4 I always feel like I'm chasing after him. We also have safety rules instead of saying no (can't climb anything higher than what he can get down by...