or Connect

Posts by Alathia

hi ladies! how is everyone doing? have you started solids? how is your baby doing with them? we're doing BLW but after the first few enthusiastic bites, DS2 kind of goes "eh" about the food. things he likes: yakisoba noodles, peas (LOVES peas), sweet potato, butternut squash, banana, white sticky rice. things he doesn't like: pears, apricots. here's a video of him "walking" down our hallway! he's already taken a few unasssited steps here and there. ...
Quote: Originally Posted by Aufilia DD's preschool teachers acted quite surprised to learn that she could recognize numbers past 10 when she was "only" 2.5. I mean, that's only the tip of the ice burg with her and I don't think they really get how much she knows, but whatever, she loves school and has fun there... The other day I made the mistake of suggesting to someone on another forum that if they wanted their 3 year old to stay in bed later, why...
how timely, I was just coming in here to post this exact same subject! right now DS2 has taken to pushing around the big rubbermaid tubs around the house.
I'm hoping the snow is finally behind us! I'm loving the sun today. We're starting to plan out the garden and figuring out the best weekend to till and plant in the upcoming months. Oh and what to plant. DS1 wants to plant pumpkins and peas. I think this year I'm going to grow tomatoes in containers on the deck, I have had rotten luck getting anything to produce more than little green tomatoes in the ground! Anyone else thinking about gardening?!
is this your first? I remember being a lot more cautious with my first son as well. Both my sons are movers and shakers. DS1 started pulling up at 7 months and ran at 9 months, never looking back. We had a lot of scrapes and falls. In fact, we spent one summer where he constantly fell and scraped his face, and he also fell 6' over the bed railing in his bunk bed onto the floor. We've taken him to the ER numerous times but he's resilient with no damages. It's...
Quote: Originally Posted by eepster This evening, DS (just turned 3) was at the computer the computer playing and was doing a little typing. He typed in "Tim" then "dad" then "mom." All of a sudden he anounces "I need to go potty," but he insisted on typing "potty" (phonetically P-O-D-E he hasn't quite gotten the hang of silent E and terminal Y) into the computer before he would get up and go to the potty. I guess I've said "let me finish what I'm...
My son was a late talker, he's almost 4 now and pretty smart. We had him evaluated by EI at age 2 because I was concerned about his vocabulary, but they found nothing wrong (he was only delayed a few months behind on speech, and was way ahead in other areas). My son is VERY visual-spatial, and also bilingual. He didn't really start talking until age 3 when all of a sudden everythign "clicked" together and he now can talk fluently in two languages. It was difficult...
I actually have one of those Kozypal cart covers. I bought it for my oldest son, and used it quite a bit. The mama who makes them is on another board I'm on. It was handy not just for shopping carts, but also for restaurants high chairs and such. They are quite fluffy and had loops for toys, and a pocket in the front. I loved mine (it was way more padded than the ones you see at BRU or Target), and since I live in the PNW it was a godsend for thsoe 10 months out of...
You know your LO is different when you go to the library with him and the following scene unfolds. currently in the childrens' area where DS1 (a little over 3.5yo) is playing happily on the computers dad: hey DS1 I think I want to go look at books over there DS1: what are you looking for dad: (not wanting to get into a long conversation about algorithms) Um math DS1: I'll come with you. both head to the adult nonfiction section, where DS1 looks around then...
Yes, DH is a huge chess dork (said very lovingly), and taught DS1 when he was around 2. Now he's 3y9m and I found him the other day "teaching" his little brother about the pieces (DS2 is 6 months old) and how they moved and different opening tactics.