or Connect

Posts by festivus1

I didn't ask the question, but thanks for all the explanation. I am Christian, but very, very interested in Judaism. A few months back I checked out a big ole book about Judaism from the library - wish I could remember the name, but it was so informative about some of the customs, celebrations, etc. I think Judaism is a beautiful religion and I have found it important to understand it as it is the root of so much of my faith. I wish we still maintained some of the...
My dad is bipolar - diagnosed in '77-ish. He is MUCH better when on his meds. During the times he went off b/c he thought he didn't need them, he had serious delusions or was very depressed. He disappeared one time for 3 days when he decided he didn't need meds. IF she is truly bipolar you really need to think about exploring meds. I know that thought must be soooo hard for someone who perfers to do everything naturally. But this disease is serious and has serious...
Quote: I find this to be besides the point. Missionaries have done good work, one of my favorite movies is The Mission, in which the protagonists are trying to save the Indians from becoming slaves through converting them. Double edged sword, "I will save your life if you renounce everything you believe in". Right before I got to your post I was thinking, "I should post something about the movie 'The Mission' b/c people here would really like that."...
Well, things such as this, and remarks I hear about those of us who were unable to keep breastfeeding, have made me learn a lot about not judging someone else until I know their entire situation. These kinds of things really open my eyes. I still get hurt by some of those types of comments, but it does spur me on to be less judgemental - particularly about parenting.
Quote: also feel like I have to justify or explain all the reasons why we had a c-birth, why we had NO other options, why we were unable to breastfeed, how long and hard I tried so "they" don't think of me as "one of those *icky* mainstream moms." AMEN, sistah!!!! Background: I worked in early intervention with 2 families whose babies had brain damage - severe brain damage - as the result of negligent care during thier labor and deliveries. Both...
Both my boys were born by emergency c-sections. Count me in!
My son is four and a half. He will be going to preschool for the first time this year. I felt that pressure, too - to send him when he was 3. But I had him involved in a one hour, weekly storyhour at the library and an art class that met 2 times a month. I felt he was getting the socialization he needed from that and occasional playdates. I don't think a child has to go to preschool at all. I am sending him this year b/c he seems ready and HE wants to go. I also want...
One of my little home medical books says "abnormal" breathing for 1 to 5 year olds would be more than 40 per minute. I would say if your gut is telling you something might be wrong, that you have him be seen by someone.
{{{HUGS}}} It looks like you are doing what you can to take care of yourself. If it helps at all to talk about your dh, you know you can tell us all about him here. Good memories, whatever. If that is too painful, ignore the suggestion. But if it seems healing, I know there are many here who would love to listen. Thinking of you today!
This most recent series of posts is reminding me that I can't assume whoever is coming to my door is one of the people who won't leave politely. As I said earlier, I have had no problems if I say politely that I have a church already, etc. but I do believe others here who say they have had problems. I think being polite the first time is good practice and then if that same person shows up again, a more firm approach may be needed.