or Connect

Posts by twinsr4me

How many of you moms of twins had their blood drawn while pregnant and was told that you were carrying multiples? I have had twins, but I never had my levels checked, I found out via ultrasound at 14 weeks. But my sister thinks she might be carrying twins because her levels are high. 48hrs ago they were in the 600's and today they were in the 15,000's. She was told your levels are supposed to double every 48hrs. She should she be getting an ultrasound to ind out...
Well genes or not, I got them. My mom nor my sisters got them. I got them with first son at 40 in around and didnt get new ones with second son. And with my twins, I got more and was 45in around , thats 20 more inches than I am now.. Alot of extra skin and stretched muscles. I even tried all the oils and stuff to not get anymore but that didnt help. I also drnk a gallon of water a day to help with elastisticity, sp?. So I got them but my family did not. But I...
Your babies are so beautiful and so big. That is so awesome you got your home waterbirth. I love being able to tell people that there are twin mommas having homebirths with big babies. I so wish I could have had a homebirth with my twins but my state wouldnt allow it. I was in another state when I had my second son at home and I wish I had stayed there just long enough to have my twins. Anyways, Congrats! Take care and Be Blessed. Twinsr4me
So I am doing my first tri on sat. Does anyone have any advice? I am just coming off of running my spree of marathons and now am interested in tris. I am already signed up for this tri on Sat. I have only had four weeks to train because of Boston only being four weeks ago. I did a mock tri yesterday. The swim wasnt great, the bike was better and the run started off feeling like jello but ended great. Any sugestions for transitions, how not to feel dizzy after...
I love everything about having twins. They are great to watch interact. They run around holding each others hand. They are so much alike and yet so different. I have two singeltons as well and they interact differently than the twins do. The singeltons are year and a half apart and they act it. The twins learn everything pretty much at the same time. It is so neat to watch them grow up. I enjoy everything about them and look forward to enjoying everything coming up.
Quote: Originally Posted by twinmomplusone However in my case, I kinda defy all the odds...I am not even 30 yet, I have fraternal twins, no women in my family have had twins, and I didnt take fertility drugs....I guess I was just double blessed... I was 23 when I had my twins, 22 when I conceived them. We believe them to be identical, but never any official dna testing. It was told to us they had one placenta, making them identical. But...
Well, I'm back from Boston. The weather was not fun. The race was worse than last year. I missed my best time by six minutes, but so did the elites. I was really hoping to PR but the weather didnt cooperate. Oh well, it was fun just to be able to run in it to begin with. And it was nice to have four days and three nights away from the kids and alone with my hubby. Now I have to do a 'do over' in Chicago. Hopefully I will break 3:15 there. Well I just thougt I'd...
I dress my girls alike still and they will be 4 in May. They dont really know just yet why they are in the same clothes. They will however get into different things when we stay at home (different dressup things). But when we go out in public, I definately like them in the same thing. Ans I will continue as long as they let me. So, so far so good. They don't mind it right now. they really dont know any different.
I dont remember my fundal height but I did measure all the way around and I was 45inches, that's 20 more inches than I am now. I went out like a torpedo. Twinsr4me
So I havent posted in a long time and I know these questions were a few days ago but still thought it would be fun to answer. nameStephanie do you run alone?yes except on sats, i run with a running group which is alot of fun. Used to not mind running alone but now I wished I had someone to keep me company because time flies by so much faster when you have someone there to talk to, at least for me anyway. what are you training for?the Boston Marathon, it's my second...