or Connect

Posts by Ione

To be honest, I can barely see any difference between those choices. Even compared to what is currently in place. So, my vote is for option #5 (not available in the poll): indifferent. Or option #6 (also not available in the poll): none of these.
Also, *he* is the one moving... so *he* is the one creating the distance, and the cost. Therefore, it is most likely that a court would rule that *he* be responsible for the full cost of travel for any visitation.   There is also (in many areas) the possibility of having the courts require him to post a bond for the kids to visit him out of the country.   So many other factors.   You really need to find a custody lawyer that has extensive experience with...
No matter how wonderful or bad a fit a particular teacher is for a specific student, students generally spend much less time with a given teacher than they do at a specific school. So as a general rule, I tend to lean toward choosing the school, not the teacher.   That said, given your DD's "bad year" and what you say about how well she likes the other teacher... If you think one year with this other teacher (despite the issues with the school) could go a long way to...
John Wesely's "13 Days" - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnCdlV6aXTI
Good luck. I hope it all turns out for the best, finally!
Yes, separating the issues into more manageable ones, could help. Especially separating everything you can from your relationship with MIL.   Below is just one possible way of looking at the issues, as I see them. You don't have to agree. But it might help.   First, there's the issue of your poor relationship with MIL. You are under no obligation to maintain ties with her yourself. While it would be nice for your son to maintain ties with his father's family and...
Yes, his move should help you relocate. Just going on what I can see in Google Maps.   With him in Steubenville, your moving to Erie would have added about, what?, 30 miles of distance between you--in the opposite direction.   Once he moves to  Cleveland, your moving from Meadville to Erie does very little to change the total distance between you and him (according to Google maps and the route taken, that distance can be as little as a couple of...
Also, I just looked at your link.   It talks about a BILL introduced in 2007. And it states that the bill died in 2008. So, from that link, it seems like it never became a law. And is therefore currently irrelevant.   Double check with your lawyer but...
In many places (see your lawyer!), they would need to prove that they were being prevented from having any relationship with the kids, not just being prevented from seeing the kids "as much as they want whenever they want however they want". So, the fact that your Ex lets them see the kids can also work against their case.   Deep breaths. Let your lawyer and your ex's lawyer work together to get their case thrown out of court. And, when it is, ask that the court...
It sounds sweet until you've had first-hand experience with some French MILs... Then the MIL association ruins it...