or Connect

Posts by ivymae

This will be our third homebirth (our first was at an independent birth center, and we were home an hour later, we should have just stayed home!). We use our tax return from that year to pay for homebirth, despite being in WA, where insurance is technically supposed to cover homebirths. My husband works for the government though, so our insurance is technically not based in WA, which means they don't have to play by these rules. It's a huge financial burden, since we...
:( I'm so sorry Liberty. Was this on B's birthday? 
MaerynPearl - are you still taking zofran? It really messes with my gut and causes those intense cramps. Good luck today Stephenie!    AFM: I'm starving, but nothing stays down. I am taking zofran (24mg daily) and still struggling, AND get to deal with the cramping and headaches. I am so terrified of being back on the HG train. Going back next week and seeing about adding reglan. 
I have an OB appt tomorrow, but just for proof of pregnancy for my insurance (they are real ducks and wanted "official" confirmation instead of MW. Surprise, they also won't pay her!) and then I'm not meeting with my MW until after the new year, when hopefully we can find a heartbeat. With my earlier pregnancies i met with her much earlier, just to go over health history, etc, but this time she knows there isn't much to do until 12ish weeks (when we've been able to hear...
We have a bucket seat that never leaves the car. We also have four boulevards, but an infant in a boulevard is SO tiny (all my girls were 7lbs+, so technically fit), and I've had certified car seat inspectors recommend we use the bucket seats until the Boulevards fit better. By about 3 months they chunk up enough not to feel so loose in the straps, but for that first 3 months we just use the bucket seat as a stationary seat.    And my first never sat in a bouncer...
  We told the kids about the "new baby" today (because i am so sick and they kids kept asking what was wrong) and Alice did the happy scream and said "WE'S GET A BORNED BABY!?" and Ella asked if she could sing to them. Yes, them. Oh dear.    I do still worry that this bean may not stick, and then we'll have to 'untell' the kids, but it was either tell them or say I had the flu for the next month. Now I have to figure out how to tell my MIL before the kids do....
I'm incredibly lucky that in the last 5 years my group of friend and I have all just been passing around the same baby stuff, and most of the stuff we "need" is really just loaned out to a friend right now. So, I need to get my boppy, bucket seat, bouncy chair, swing and newborn diapers back from a friend, but that can all wait. We have loads of girl clothes, and quite a few gender neutrals as well, but most of it is for a winter baby (two Decembers and a early April) so...
Sewing and pregnancy brain do not mix. Enough said. 
There are a couple studies that show that to be true, and a couple that disprove it. My girls were 7days before ovulation, the day of ovulation, and a few days before ovulation. we hit the day of ovulation this time, so we'll see if we get another girl, or if we get that boy. 
Me at 5w! It's my "before" picture. Last pregnancy I had a blue shirt that somehow fit all pregnancy and made it really easy to compare weeks, and I think this dress ill be my "blue shirt".