or Connect

Posts by porenn

These aren't children's books- I read them in Jr. High/High School, but books by Robin McKinley have very strong female characters. The one's I think of when I think "princess" are The Hero and the Crown and The Blue Sword. She also wrote Beauty (a retelling of Beauty and the Beast) and The Outlaws of Sherwood (Robin Hood from Marion's viewpoint) and a few others- the names escape me right now. I just got The Paperbag Princess at a booksale this weekend- I'll have to...
Ok- so I checked it- the foot is flipped toward the front of the carseat- the back of the car.... (argh its so confusing- front being facing front or front being facing back) so I think i have it right! Switched back today with no problems!
I know better than to front face my 2 year old, but I did it on a trip where I had a long-legged front seat passenger and it was easier. I just never turned it back. I watched the videos again and just went down to turn the seat, but I have a question or two.... I have a True Fit, and I just put it in the back of a 2001 volvo v40- the small wagon. I flipped the bottom of the seat to the front facing position and LATCHed it in- the seat fit better on the car seat,...
We do now- my daughter is a little over two, and we have a king sized bed. But, we've had to go through a ton of different sleep situations to get here. When she was born, I had her in the co-sleeper next to us. That worked for about two days. Then, she slept between my husband and I, in our full sized bed, while I slept in the co-sleeper. That didn't work well. When she was six months old, she stopped nursing, which meant she slept better (because she was...
Can you get a full sized bed to replace the twin? That way you can both sleep in his room when he needs you to, and maybe eventually you can start transitioning back into your room, rather than the other way around.
My daughter was the same way- wouldn't nap alone during the day... any movement out of my arms would wake her up. I don't remember when she started napping by herself, but eventually she did. Twice a day. And just when I started getting used to it, she dropped the morning nap. Honestly tho, I bet it has nothing to do with co sleeping at night- your babe is only 5 weeks old- he's probably still used to hearing your heartbeat all the time, feeling your warmth, listening...
I'm with ya'll on the AXE commercials- the new one that is for their scent changing body spray shows a guy changing clothing and hair styles throughout his date, and the tag line is "Because women get bored easily". If that isn't the most insulting thing Ive ever seen, I'm not sure what is....
I do have to agree that one of the best things about home schooling is that you can learn along with your kids- I don't home school yet, so this may sound a bit presumptuous, which is not my intent. How old is your child? I'm assuming just about school age or a bit younger- right now it makes sense that joining any kind of group where the other kids were predominantly english speaking would work- like a pp said- sports teams, swim class, theater group, summer...
So, I am a moron who didn't bother to do their homework! I just went back and looked, and realized that it sounds like you already live on the north shore, and probably already know about most of the stuff i posted- Oops! Anyway- the offer still stands to get together at the beach sometime!! -N
I'm sorry that I am just now seeing this- I hope your move is going well! This will be a terribly disjointed, long and rambly post since I'm just typing, but here goes.... I live in Lynn, and while it is certainly not my first choice, I've discovered that it isn't as bad as I thought. There is a group of very dedicated public officials, business owners and city folk that are working really hard to revive the city, bringing in new businesses and restaurants, really...