or Connect

Posts by porenn

Half way there!!! How's everyone doing?? How are you feeling? I've lost 7 pounds so far- only 20 more to go in order to hit my first weight loss goal. (I've decided to loose 10% of my body weight, then go back on phase 1 to start loosing another 10%- repeat until I've reached my goal weight. If I were to look at it as having to loose 100 lbs. I'd quit.) I'm having a harder time sticking to it this time around... but- each morning I wake up I try on my wedding band,...
As far as cooking for others who aren't following SB, it's not really that much extra work. Most of my meals my husband eats with me, but Ill make a carb for a side, like if I have taco salas, he'll have the meat on a tortilla. I made small pasta to put in my chicken soup; he'll have sandwiches when I have cold cut rolls, etc. if I make meatloaf, he'll have mashed potatos on the side. If you're family's having something like pizza, or grilled cheese or home made mac and...
Quote: Originally Posted by elf I am on day 3 and I am already super bored. maybe when i have a day off from work I can cook something more adventurous. Do you eat meat, and do you have a crock pot? because there are some great crock pot recipes where you just throw a bunch of stuff in it and leave it- I made chicken soup last night- chicken breasts and broth, a can of diced tomatoes, frozen spinach, canelli beans.... heated it for eight hours-...
it does seem like a lot of food- i remember the first time i did this i had to stop eating, not bacause i was full, but because i was tired of chewing. i think it evens out eventually- by the end of two weeks, i usually have to remind myself to eat. oh- and i tried the vanilla in the coffee thing, and its really good! except i forgot that my vanilla is vanilla beans soaked in vodka, so my tounge is a little bit tingley... oops!
I've done both, and the South Beach diet certainly FELT healthier... I just reread parts of the book, and it's emphasis is on improving blood chemistry, decreasing bad cholesterol and tryglicerides, improving good cholesterol, adn reducing insulin dependence... thus ballancing hormones, lowering blood pressure, etc. Weight loss happened to be a side effect. (at least that's how I read it) From what I remember, Atkins let you eat pretty much whatever you wanted... i...
Well I just reread the chapter on fats, and dr Agatston does say that trans fats are bad, bad, bad- from a blood chemistry point of view they should be avoided. same with saturated fats, although I have to say that I still eat beef and butter, cream and cheese on this diet, but I'm less concerned about my cholesterol, and more concerned with blood sugar- I figure that if I take care of that, everyhing else will fall into place.... we'll see what my numbers look like in six...
So I stewed down my prunes, had my dh get soeme pear juice, and before we got a chance to get it in the babe, we had a string of dirty diapers, about one every 15 minutes for an hour. poor kid- I felt bad, although it didn[t seem to bother her that much. We use probiotics for her too- have mixed it in her formula since she came home from the hospital, and she's usually pretty regular- every day about midmorning, so I got a little worried there! Thnaks for the help...
I did start today! So far I've only had a cup of coffee and a glass of milk and a few slices of bologna, which is not healthy at all, but it happened to be what we had in the house, so I spent this afternoon grocery shopping. I think I'm going to defrost a few chicken breasts, and put them in a pan with some canned tomatos, I have some spinach to add, and maybe some cannelli beans, steam some green beans. spice it up some. I'll make pasta for dh to add. If I make a...
straight pear juice, or should i mix it??
not sure if this should be on the nutrition board but... I have a 9 month old who seems to be a little constipated- she hasn't really pooped since thursday (just a little tiny poop sunday morning). i called my best friebd's husband (who's a pediatrician) and he told me to try baby food prunes. can i just boil down the prunes i have and run them through my food mill, or is there something special in the jarred ones?? -porenn