or Connect

Posts by porenn

I'll start with you tmorrow if you like! I've done this diet in the past and was very successful on it- felt like a million bucks after the first two weeks. Have been meaning to start up again ever since my daughter was born, but haven't really gotten around to it- I'd love a partner! the first few days of phase 1 are a little hard.... I think about what I can't eat constantly, but by day four its almost like a switch flips, and you don't notice any more. If it...
Yes, they were already felted- that's why my friend got rid of them, but when I cut into them, they were still thready, so I figured that I'd run them through again to see if I could get them tighter....
I just got a few wool sweaters from a friend that I want to felt down to make covers, but they were all washed with Downy- will it still work, or do I have to strip them like I would strip diapers??
hmmm.... yes the "misinformation being spread by the mommy bloggers" comment bothered me too... especially since she said nothing that would have cleared up that "misinformation" Although she did say that "Under the CPSIA there are very specific and new definitions on regulating products with lead, children's products, but also all the other consumer products that the agency has authority over" (bolding mine) Probably too much to hope for that big companies will be...
Totally by accident, actually I had planned on starting my daughter on a potty as soon as she could sit up, which, at eight months she still can't do (she can kneel upright, but can't figure out how to not fall backwards when sitting on her bum). But a recent bout of rashes requiring a swich to disposables made me rethink that we could do this now even without really being able to sit. So, last night i read up on this forum, and decided to get a potty today. I...
oops- I just noticed the date, and realized you have probably already moved, and might not be needing this suggestion anymore!
What about the Mary Poppins books by PL Travers? They have an other- worldlyness about them that it sounds like you're going for, and there aren't very many truly scary parts to them. I loved them when I was little, and just bought them to read to my daughter, so I've recently re-read them. The only thing I take issue with is that Mary Poppins repeatedly tells the children that the wonderful adventures the go on never really happend, but whatever- it's still a good...
luckily its easy to take apart and wipe down, but the stuff i'm supposed to put in the water to control the algae is highly toxic- is there anything i can use that isn't?? will it hurt us or the machine if i add tea tree oil to it? i use it everywhere else in my house to kill germs and i know its pretty strong stuff- any other ideas??
This might sound silly but- My daughter is 6 months old, and I'm getting worried because she's been asleep for almost nine hours (on top of a very unusual two hour nap today)- which doesn't sound bad, but it's very out of character- she's usually up every three hours- four tops. She didn't even wake up hen Daddy ot home and the dog went bonkers do babies do this sort of thing? go for eight, nine hours with out eating or waking up with a wet diaper? if her diaper...
The day I was told I risked out of having my baby at the birth center and would be attended at the hospital instead, my midwife told me (while I was sobbing on the couch in the waiting room) "Well, this is your first lesson as a parent- you don't always get what you want" as she left to get her lunch. I like to think she meant well, but I was pretty offended at the time.