or Connect

Posts by porenn

I don't mind pass the baby, I'll let anyone hold her that wants to, and she loves it. Unfortunatly, I can't stand my MIL and she always tries to get her (grabs the stroller when we go for walks, takes her out of my arms when we pass in the driveway-)- DD is so easy going that she laughs and giggles, when what I really want is for her to scream and pull away- no such luck. I can't really prevent MIL from holding her since I'm so willing to let her go to everyone else...
I was put on Cipro for cellulitis yesterday, and was told that I would have to stop nursing for about 2 weeks... I checked with the LC and we both decided that it would be best if I stopped. I'm not that worried, because once the meds are stopped, I'll just start back up with our lactaid, but I'm pretty sure that my already very low supply (pumping yields nothing, hand expressing produces a few droplets) is going to dry up.... I can't tell you how often I've...
I have somehow managed to get cellulitis in my hand- I've been put on Cipro for the next 10 days, and told to soak it in hot water.... is there anything else I can do for it?? Would taking extra vitamin c help, and should I start taking probiotics I have in my fridge? (bought for my daughter, before i found ones for kids.) Should I skip my chiropractic appointment?? I'm not contagious, am I? I feel so bad- my baby is so unhappy- she can;t figure out why she's...
Raising a girl is hard! I've been worried about stereotyping and self worth since I found out I was having a girl- except I'm not worried about what strangers have to say, I'm worried about what my MIL says- I guess I figure that I can brush off strangers, but its harder to blow off a family member, especially when they live in the same building. I spent 7 years watching her interaction with her grandson, saying things like "be a big boy, and stop crying" because "real...
I ask this because I have a crappy, persistant, non-productive dry cough that nothing seems to help- honey doesn't help, I won't take most cough syrups, and cough drops are out because they all contain menthol, which I think can dry up your milk (my supply is so low that I don't want to take the chance) I get this cough after I get a cold- it starts with a sore throat, moves to my sinuses, and after a few days it seems to settle in my chest. and won't go away. I haven't...
Quote: Originally Posted by Megan73 Tell me more, please! It's not gravity fed? Really? That would be so, so awesome. I'm not 100% sure, and I'm not a science person, but if I remember correctly, I think it works like an artesian well- atmospheric pressure compresses the bag and forces the supplement out of the tube- (if violet isn't actively suckling, it dribbles down my boob onto the nursing pillow I haven't figured out how to nurse lying...
I've found the lactaid to be much easier to use. Trying to find a good place to hang the bottle was hard, and caused me a ton of stress. There were tons of nights that my husband had to stand beehind me holding it because i needed an extra set of hands- between holding the baby and the boob, there was no way i could keep the sns upright. the lactaid goes around your neck, and because it isn't gravity fed like the sns, and because the bag collapses as it empties, you can...
I was wondering what to do about my diaper pail smell.... I do a load every night so I have them clean for the morning, so they don't sit around, but the pail smells strongly of fish. I have them in a lidded trash bin, with that baking soda container you put in the fridge attached to the lid. I just bought the bin today, and have already started the laundry load, but it stinks! its mostly wet diapers, the dirty ones don't really smell bad, and they don't smell...
I'm not sure exactly where to post this, so i thought I'd start here.... Unfortnatly, I have to supplement my milk supply with formula. It was suggested that I add probiotics to the formula to help digestion and prevent a reaction to the formula, and build the immune system, and hopefully prevent future food allergies... My questions are: What type of probiotic should I use? How do I introduce them? just start off with the recomended dose? Do babies ever...
Someone sugested that I start my babe on probiotics since I've ended up having to formula feed- any ideas where to get better information on them? I know everal of you are giving them to your babes, but how do I tell which is appropriate for mine? If they don't help, are they really going to hurt her? I know there must be a forum here on MDC, but is it more likely in health and healing, or nutrition? Thanks ladies.. Porenn