or Connect

Posts by porenn

because I woke up this morning to find my daughter sandwiched between my husband and myself, with her head smushed in my pillow. She seems none the worse for wear, but the reason she sleeps beside us is because we both still sleep with pilows, and I can't sleep without a blanket, so we wanted her close but not actually in bed with us, at least not until she's a little older. (she's six weeks old) Now my husband is freaked out too, and wants to set up her crib and start...
There is already a thread posted about this, which I have read, but I had a few other questions and didn't want to hijack that thread... My babe is 6 weeks old, and we've been feeding formula off an SNS the whole time. My milk didn't come in until sometime in the second week, after six days of Reglan. even then, its only a few drops on each side, after hand expressing... I was pumping after every feeding, as per my LC, but I can't collect any milk at all, only...
Do I remember correctly that there is someone in this ddc who has PCOS and had problems feeding their LO??? if so, what problems did you face? (if you don't mind me being nosey) Was it a supply issue? and what did you end up doing about it? I have PCOS, am 10 days PP, and have virtually no supply, even after being on meds for lactation, and eating oatmeal, and drinking that terrible tea, and pumping every two to three hours, and using the sns at the breast.... ...
Quote: Originally Posted by mkmama Is that to simple of an explanaion? not to simple an explanation at all.... I had to call my office yeterday because i couldnt remember how to log in to my email account.... as for how this birth went.... i'm over the sad part of it, getting over the pissed part of it, and determined not to let it happen again. i think i'll be abl to get some milk supply in, and if not, my pedi is wiling to write an rx for...
Quote: Originally Posted by Jennisee You can't post pictures on MDC. They don't allow it because it uses up too much bandwidth. But you can post a link to your pictures! That's what I meant!.. Sorry- not thinking right.....how do i post that link??
My smush Violet was born on the 29th at 2:36 am... 7lbs 8oz, 20 inches. Not a single thing went the way it was supposed to. In a weak moment, I agreed to be induced on monday..... after every intervention known to man, beginning with a pitocin drip, she was born via c section.... the pitocin took 9 hours to start working, and when it finally did, it caused excruciating pain. My bp spiked, like I knew it would, and they wouldn't let me off my left side. Eventually...
martha stewart had a terriffic article about a year ago about making throw rugs from denim strips- not a braided rug, but the strips are sewn together in such a way that the white shaggy ends make a terrycloth like effect- really pretty cool.
Quote: Originally Posted by mkmama i forgot to mention at my apt today that not only did i make my "goal" (i ate icecream and did not try to stay under but it worked chasing a 2 year old!) of under 35 pounds (gained 50+ with DS), but i LOST 2 pounds. Anyone else? i'm not worried, probably just fluid loss. but : anyways. I didn't have a set goal weight to gain, but I've only gained 25 pounds... bear in mindthat I was pretty heavy befor eI got...
I remember when.... The fertility doctor told me to come back and see him when I was ready to have babies and he'd "see what he could do" So, my boyfriend and I just had crazy sex whenever, fully confident in the fact that I couldn't get pregnant. The full Irish Breakfast we were served on our Honeymoon made me so nauseous, and I chalked it up to finding out what Black Pudding was really made of. I assumed that I was still jet lagged three weeks after we came home...
I meant to ask- does double strength RRL tea really help?