or Connect

Posts by SumnerRain

Here is my little guy, Liam Michael, I don't know how big he is now, but a month ago he was 6 lbs over his birth-weight at 13lbs. He was 7lbs 3oz at birth, 13lbs even at his 2m checkup.  He's pretty easy going, his laughs sound like hiccups or coughs and I discovered today he can roll from his tummy to his back.  He finally has established his sleep pattern, and sleeps 7-9 hours without waking, and then joins me in my bed to nurse and sleeps for another couple hours.  I...
Well my hubby left for Afghanistan Monday.  It has been a lot easier than I expected being alone with 5 kids, but we are only 1 week into a 26-52 week stint, so ask me again in a few months.  Liam had his 2 month checkup and he was 13lbs even, that is 3oz shy of 6 lbs over his birth weight, or 6lbs and some oz over his lowest hospital weight, however you want to look at it.  He's also grown 3 inches.  No concerns really.  He slept 9 hours straight one night this week,...
Hanging in there.  Life is pretty busy here, and I am starting to worry about how I am going to fair the next few months alone.  I transitioned my 2 year old out of her crib, she gave up the binky, and now we are potty learning.  Hubby took paid time off though so he's here to "help".  I need to get better at delegating because I am starting to resent that he gets to play a video game while I am trying to sweep the floor holding a screaming infant, while moving his stuff...
I am so sorry for your loss!   My bleeding stopped a little before 2 weeks PP, stayed gone for 2-3 days, and then around 14 days PP it came back redder than ever, and pretty heavy (not as bad as AF though) and finally tapered off around 5 weeks PP.  It would also slow down until I had a bowel movement and then pick up again.  This scared the bejeezus out of me, but Doc. Google said it was pretty normal.
Oh thank you!!  I saw them on Amazon yesterday and they looked like they might work, so I added a 6 pack (3 day, 3 night) to my wish list.  I will join the FB page now and see if I can get them for cheaper.  WOOHOO!!  
I have tried, and loved LilyPadz, for the first couple weeks until the tacky wore off.... $20 for less than a month of use?  No thanks.   I have some wool ones, but they are so huge I never wear them (think of the size of a salad plate).   I got a couple kinds from Babies R Us that are cotton, but I might as well be wearing nothing at all.   This is so frustrating!  Anyone found any reusable breast pads that work well?  Especially in the early, super leaky...
Welcome little girl!  And congratulations on getting your VBAC!
I totally get this, I had 3 boys and constantly got rude comments.  #4 was a girl, and then everyone's comments pissed me off more "finally got your girl huh?"  "now you are done, you got your girl!"   Do what I did to shut them up.... have #5, and make sure it is a boy.  ;)   No advice, people are stupid.  Oh, and gender comments are now replaced with "you know what causes that, right?" to which hubby usually responds "yes, and I am REALLY good at it, why, do...
Wow, awesome birth!!  Welcome new baby!
Congratulations on a successful HBAC!