or Connect

Posts by gabysmom617

Have you trided bribing with a place? G started reliably pooping in the toilet right after his 4th birthday. And I swear, as SOON as I let the power struggle go, he'd start pooping on the toilet like it was something he'd always done. : Things that worked for us. I'd have him stand in the bathroom to poop in his pullup. I didn't try putting him on the toilet in his pullup right away. I'd just make him understand that "this is the place for that". Then when he...
I hate that. I tend to completely redirect my kid and put huge emphasis on something fun we have planned to do afterwards. I'd tell him that we need to get this done because we have to go to the playground afterwards. but in order to go to the playground, we have to do this first. he's usually loves getting hard, difficult stuff done as a step towards getting to the good stuff. if he started to worry while we were there, i'd keep reminding him of the fun stuff...
Quote: Originally Posted by Mrs. Turner Thanks for all of your advice and ideas! I guess I mainly am looking for advice on how to deal with my dc's interests in the holiday without celebrating it or anything else. We do look forward to Thanksgiving and birthdays and have lots of fun with those days! Yeah, I deal with this too. My oldest child is 4 years old, and he loves the lights and everything associated with christmas, and he gets...
I have a Mirena too. Are you spotting and bleeding a lot. I spotted and bled ever so often when I first got it, and sometimes my supply would dip a tiny bit, not enough to be a big deal or anything. And that was only when the spotting was heavy, like a period. It was kind of irregular at first, but i could tell when it was a period vs just some spotting, you know? And if it felt like it was a period, my supply would dip a little bit. It use to do that when I had...
nak, so please bear with me 1) raw garlic. must be raw. pills may work, but the real thing work better. i get mastitis a lot, raw breaks up the symptoms better than pills. 2) if you are having pain but no flu symptoms yet, soy lecithin works. i actually have to take soy lecithin every day to keep the mastitis and plugged ducts away. 3) garlic acts almost like an antibiotic, so following up with some probiotics is a good idea. 4) get proffessionally fitted for a...
Quote: Originally Posted by Serenyd I think that sounds hopeful. Therapy seems to work so much better if the person is willing to TRY. Good luck with everything! : nak
Here's an idea , a lesson in perspective. I'll loan you my MIL (whom we've cut out of our kids lives) for one week. Let's make a bet. I'll bet you my handmade stash of cloth diapers and recycled wool covers, freshly lanolized, that by the end of that week you'll be begging for your own MIL back, complete with last name issues and plastic toy pushing. I'll bet. In all honesty, I'd love to have the only problems with my MIL be plastic toys and last name...
Quote: Originally Posted by Nicci P Right, where do I start? I have had some difficult talks with family members. Some have been made aware that I will not be seeing them again as I wont expose my children to their negativity. In fact I told my uncle that he's a poor role model and I wont have my children growing up like him. As for my dad, I didnt speak to him since yesterday dispite my nan (yes thats his mum by the way) calling to say he was going to...
Quote: Originally Posted by Thisbirdwillfly I rarely say this so bluntly but please get into counseling. Do not confront your mother-in-law as that will only push your husband and her together as a team against you. Do not do the sit-down as you are only being set up for further mistreatment. Go by yourself to counseling at first if H is not interested. That you fear your husband would pick his mother over you is a serious problem. You are pregnant...
i thought of a couple more things I did. I got a comfy lawn chair, bundled up the baby and the 3yo (it was chilly back then) and took them outside, took nursing pillow with me and got comfy while ds1 ran amuck in the back yard. I put it in the sun. Some one here suggested that. I guess it might work if it's not blistering hot, and if u can find some shade. If i had to convert that to summer time, I'd probably get a cheap wading pool, and find a patch of shade to go...