or Connect

Posts by gabysmom617

Noggin. : ....and Dr. Suess stories. :
Ok, so....I'm confused. Is this for moms with AD/HD or moms of kids with AD/HD? Maybe u could tweak the title of the thread if it's for the kids? A mom with AD/HD here. I take concerta and zoloft. I have a 4yo and a 9 month old. I don't know if my kids have it yet. I have my suspicions about my 4yo but it's nothing so severe that I feel the need to have it diagnosed as of yet. Just the outer skirts of that vast territory called "normal" as of right now, with him.
Quote: Originally Posted by catsandcats I think you should be able to do whatever you want, as well. It's your decision. As long as you are empowered by your choice, go for it. I'm a little surprised, though, that no one is talking about the baby here. Does the baby get a choice to be born without drugs? Please don't interpret this to mean that I think you are being selfish--not at all! But, I just think about that sometimes, because the birth...
thanks for those tips! i found blythe but they were already closed. i made it through with my ratty old bra. LOL! thanks anyway.
I'm going out to Richmond this weekend and i need nursing stuff. Where can I go to find stuff like this besides motherhood maternity? (especially for the bras?) I wear a weird sized bra, smallish band size to a ginormous cup size, 36ish Gish cup to be more precise. I need bras and possibly nursing dresses and/or tops. I can make do without the stuff but i need bras pretty bad. but since I"m going up there i thought I might ask since I'll be up there. TIA!
Oh, mama I've just been through this. My son is 4 now. It's rough. : I've NEVER thought that I would become one of those "how is her diet" people. but my son has food allergies too, and is extremely picky with how he eats. I have found that when I find ways to get magnesium into him I notice a marked difference. He is able to relax more and is not as keyed up and emotional. Magnesium is a very necessary mineral and can lead to so many symptoms when it's lacking...
IMO, you would be doing more towards working toward your goal by just talking about it. In the south things can be so....strained. I understand that, but if you have a friend who is AA and he mentions it, allow him to talk about it with them, and with you if you're comfortable. I think you'd be doing more towards working away from your goal by making it a shameful thing and trying to push it under the rug, and ultimately teach him that being black/brown/"chocoloate...
FWIW, if a little one around that age noticed me and called me chocolate, i wouldn't be offended. He's just at that age where he is noticing color differences and similarities and stuff. I think you could start teaching him manners about it now but don't expect him to really get it until later. I don't think it's anything that you should teach him to be ashamed of though. Not sure what to say. It does seem like you are making this into such a huge hush-hush issue...
I'm lefty. I have two sisters and both of them are also lefties. My kid and my husband are righties and we're not sure what the baby is going to be yet. Honestly, i find it unexpected for it to be such a big deal. I know they used to try to force left handed folks to do things with their right hand a long time ago, but I didn't know people still did this or thought about this so recent. I think i tend to be fairly strong left, there are some things i remember...
Quote: Originally Posted by ILoveSweetpea First, I want to thank all of you who are participating in this discussion. I know it’s a very difficult and sensitive issue. I really appreciate your opinions and input. I’m sorry for any hurt feelings that have resulted from this post. I know it is a very difficult subject to address… I haven’t talked to my friend since that last conversation. I don’t want to until I feel prepared. I think her “brand” of...