or Connect

Posts by gabysmom617

Honestly, giving her lemonade to drink was a very bad idea. The acidity in it intensifies the pain. I used to get them very regularly, and for me to drink orange juice or anything like that was like pure torture once I peed. UTI's are nothing to mess around with, especially if they ended up becoming kidney infections. It's important to know what's causing the infection. Usually it's caused by bacteria from the intestinal tract migrating up and ending up in the...
I definitely understand wanting to stop at one. I had number 2 to come along unexpectantly when my first was 3 years old. The combination of "that 3yo phase" with me being pregnant and moody was quite a challenge. I think that maybe it would have been better if my pregnancy had not coincided with my child's difficult age. It was also quite a challenge once my second was born. I had a few postpartum issues that caused me to have to rely on my mom a lot with my...
Why yes, I cut my hair after both of my kids were born. With my first kid, although I wasn't relaxing my hair anymore, I still was in the mindset that I didn't really like it. But I made do. Then after my kid was born, things went haywire. I plummeted into deep postpartum depression, and my husband did a series of job changes which ended up with me and the baby living with my mom for a while. My mom HATES hair that is not straight, I was bummed and trying to...
Aww, I think it's sweet that the construction guy came over to hold your baby's hand. My husband works at a large hardware store, lots of "manly" men working there, the kind that can't easily be..."unbended"...and it's funny and unexpectant to watch the ones you'd least expect to go all mushy over my little ones. One older gentleman that works there has got a faceful of gray mottled with brown hair. Well, he got right in my youngests face and started talking to him. ...
No prob.
My first was completely intolerable of dairy. He'd get green poops and even a little blood in there. I had to do a check of ingredients on everything I ate. My second one, it made him a little bit uncomfy for a little while. He also had a little bit of thrush in his mouth. I gave him a little bit of probiotics for his thrush and I noticed that kept his tummy from being too upset when I ate dairy. So I did it sparingly and gave him a little dose of probiotics and...
That was about the age when my 7 month old started leaving little hairs everywhere he rested his head! It was kind of funny. I noticed it was kind of dry back there so I started putting a little bit of conditioner in his hair and that kept it moisturized. Other than that, it does what it's gonna do. LOL! Just roll with it. It'll grow back eventually.
Quote: Originally Posted by AFWife I had suspected either lactose overload or dairy sensitivity...so we've been block feeding and I cut out dairy (started yesterday zero dairy) He'll have a couple of greenish yellow seedy stools during the day. But mostly it's the yellow watery runny stuff... eta: "blowing out" is a stage? Well, I call it that. My first when through a worst "blow out" stage than my second. He blows poop out of his diaper...
Ds2 was an outy for a couple of months but then the fat rolls came and somehow he ended up being an innie.
Well, yellow watery runny stools are normal for exclusively breastfed babies. It can be runny or seedy or thicker. Usually if it's diarrhea, it's greenish instead of yellowish. But it sounds like you're approaching that "blowout" stage. It's normal if he isn't often gassy and his stools are still yellow. If his stools are greenish and he's frequently gassy then there could be other issues. Like a hindmilk/foremilk imbalance or perhaps a food intolerance...both fairly...