or Connect

Posts by spyiispy

ERIN.........I wanted you to see this, cuz the mama I copied and pasted from earlier just had her third baby and the process was different this time. Here's what she had to do this time (several weeks ago): "They've changed things since. First, they didn't do it through the county health department anymore, we had to go to the Department of Health for the state. They actually have this UC thing down now. They gave us a paper that listed the ways we could get a BC if...
YOwzers! Peppermint oil on my cervix.......nooo thank you!! LOL I accidentally got Dr. Bronner's peppermint soap down there, once and ZING!!!! I felt that all day! I use Young Living's oils too and love them. Had "Gentle Baby" oil diffused for my first one's birth......I still love that smell. I'd use the peppermint oil to chase away the icky nauseousness that can come around transition , but I'd probably keep it away from my yoni.
You're welcome I thought that was pretty good info and I printed it off for future reference too. Lisa
I'm going to copy n' paste this from another site, since it is a Washington mama and I asked her the same thing. Hope this helps: "Okay, birth certificate. I'm pretty knowledgeable about this since we had a BC issue. If you get the BC within the first 7 or 10 days after birth (can't remember which), then you are fine. All you do is send dh to the county health department, have him ask them for a BC form. MAKE SURE IT IS THIS LONG FORM WITH LOTS OF BOXES!!! This was our...
I just wanted to pipe up and say that I got a great deal on that fishy pool (the octagonal one) at Toys R Us just last week. Its the deepest blow up pool I've been able to find. Quality Inflatables is out of stock........so is just about every other company online; unless you wanna pay $40.00 or more. But....one of the gals on the unassisted board mentioned she saw it at Toys R Us. I went there and checked...and sure enough...it was there. The price was $24.99...which...
So I've been waiting and waiting for my birth pool to arrive. This is the one I ordered.... http://www.brandsonsale.com/itx-56493.html Ya know...the one all the COOL homebirthers use (hee hee ). Turns out, its backordered and they failed to notify me. Argghhh. Qualityinflatables.com hasn't had it in stock in forever either. Anyway, some of the ladies on the board here said they had seen it just lately at Toys R Us. I went there today and found it....same price as...
Yayyyyyyy!!!!! Now, squat, squat, plie, plie, plie...........LOL This happened to me, only my little guy was 37 weeks and it was my first baby. Medwife began the "we need to start thinking about a possible c-section if he doesn't turn.." speech. I cut her off, told her it wasn't an option and she was pretty curt with me after that. I was pretty upset......called my mom and we went to go see the Amish midwife near my Grandma's house in central Pa (who is fabulous,...
Stacy...it wasn't working for me either, so I went to the main page, www.midwifemama.com and then clicked on "Waterbirth." You can get there like that.
Darnit Stacy!! I wish I would've known that.........I found it for the same price online; cept I'm paying 13.00 more dollars for shipping Its out of stock at Quality Inflatables and every other place on the web wanted around 40.00 for it. Ah well. Thanks for that, Pamela. I'm thinking along the same lines.......I was reading on gentlebirth.org about waterbed heaters under inflatable pools and an almost disasterous result. I'm not too keen on being...
I wanted to share this with y'all. I had been trying and trying, to no avail, to find the same birthing pool as my sister (hoppytoad) had used. It was so cushy and comfy, yet not flimsy at all. You can sit on the sides without any water spilling out. Quality Inflatables (where I'd normally get it) is out of stock. FINALLY.........I found it here at the very cheapest (couldn't find it elsewhere for under $40.00)........... http://www.brandsonsale.com/itx-56493.html...