or Connect

Posts by Sudonk

I didn't have a good experience with HypnoBirthing, because it was impossible for me to use the relaxation and move around, so I had to switch to Hypnobabies for my other births.  My body likes me to move throughout my birthing, and especially during most of the birthing waves.  So the techniques in Hypnobabies were perfect for me, because there is a specific skill that is designed to keep you deeply in hypnosis while moving freely any time you want.  It worked...
During my first birth I was stuck in a triage cubicle for 8 hours because there were no rooms.  It was a teeeeeeeny little room with barely enough room for my husband and my doula and me, so there was no room for moving around.  I kept going out for walks because I needed more movement.  I was calm and focused using self-hypnosis and a nurse saw me leaning against my husband calmly relaxing through a long, powerful birthing wave.  She decided that would be the perfect...
I’m so sorry you had such a traumatic and difficult first birth.  It sounds like you did an absolutely amazing job handling an experience that was very different than you expected, and that takes courage and strength.  My hat is off to you.  I hope that you are able to address your fears and concerns and find a way to approach your next birth in a manner that is perfect for you.   I had a very challenging first birth and went on to have two wonderful births, after...
What a beautiful, poignant and corageous story!  I am in awe of your strength and so proud of you for doing all you could to protect your child even as you suffered.  I am so glad that you have found relief and happiness as you prepare for a new baby!
I firmly believe that any method of relaxation to prepare for birth will be helpful and a good thing.  But as a FTM I took a HypnoBirthing class and was terribly disappointed by it, not because the instructor was bad, but because the course content was lacking.  As a FTM, and was looking for a complete childbirth education, which my instructor assured me I would get.  I also wanted to learn self-hypnosis, which again, my instructor told me I would.  In the end, I was...
I used hypnosis for all three of my births, and they all arrived at 39 weeks 4 days.  My students have their babies all over the range of 37-42 weeks, so I don't think there is a correlation beyond the fact that most of them seem to be far more accepting of the baby's timing than most moms I know.  I think it's all those suggestions that babies are born on their birthdays. 
I know this may sound odd, but what you are experiencing is actually a really good sign.  It is also the second most common question people ask about practicing Hypnobabies (after "Is it ok to fall asleep?").  I call it the "itching and twitching" stage of preparation, and am always glad to hear that my Hypnobabies students have reached that point, because it means they're doing their practice regularly and correctly.  Here is an FAQ link that explains more about why it...
Thank you for sharing your storie, Jamie!  Elliott's birth will always bring tears of joy to my eyes.  You were amazing in your strength and peace as you worked with him and Jeff to become a family.  I am truly blessed to have had the honor of witnessing your transformation to a family.
Hey, Smokering!  Super Mamabug did a good job answering your questions, but I just wanted to "second" what she said.    1.  The CDs are helping you to teach your subconscious mind what you want it to believe and experience with respect to birth. Everyone is capable of opening their eyes or moving their hand if they want to, but it is still beneficial to follow the suggestion that you can't.  It doesn't matter if you keep your eyes closed because they really feel so...
I find that shocking.  Could you please direct us to the articles, studies or forums in which people have made the statement that babied don't matter?  I'd like to see the context.  I have never heard anyone say anything like that.  And the last I heard, the baby in the NC case is perfectly healthy so I'm especially unsure why this would have come up while discussing the case.  From what I've heard among people involved in this case the midwife has not been accused of...