or Connect

Posts by ani'smommy

My almost 2 yo DS is like this. He always has some horrible bruise or scrape on his nose or forehead. He loves going down slides, and used to go down on his belly, feet first. He just noticed that his big sister goes down sitting down so now he must. But he falls right off at the end of the slide every time. He just gets up and tries again . . . A doctor once told me that he is more worried to see a toddler withOUT bruises than one that has a few bumps.
My DD is 4, so a bit older, but she can either 1) read books quietly on the couch or 2) play in her room. She is really good at doing both of these things without interrupting. It often takes an hour + to get DS down. It was harder when she was younger, for sure.
Breakfast: scrambled egg/fried egg, toast & pb, oatmeal w/ maple syrup, cereal w/ a banana Lunch: usually leftover from supper -- otherwise, grilled cheese, pasta, veggies and dip, apple or some other cut up fruit Dinner: She must try everything. She usually eats very little -- maybe 1/4 - 1/2 cup of food total. Before Bed: a small bowl of nuts and raisins. ETA: She also has at least one snack of some sort during the day -- fruit, granola bar, crackers, etc.
Quote: Originally Posted by veedeepee Hm...I guess I better work on figuring out how to use the snappis "properly". I've only used them a few times. I end up with a gap between the part of the diaper that's in the front and the part of the diaper that wraps around from the back. Is this normal? The teeth of the snappi don't seem deep enough to grab both layers of the diaper, so they're only hooked into the part coming around from the back. Am I doing...
We have these ones: http://www.thestorkwearhouse.com/Bum...p/bum-tote.htm We have one medium (for long day trips), two smalls for the diaper bag, and one x-large one for the diaper pail. I think those look nice, but it seems like the zipper might get in the way if you have a diaper that you just swished in the toilet, kwim? We have a plastic diaper pail with a lid, so the wet bag just lines that pail. It is easy to open the lid and chuck the diaper in. I think it...
Quote: Originally Posted by veedeepee So, do the snappis keep the poo from coming OUT of the cover, or do they help keep the poo from getting on the inside of the cover? I'm not having any problems with poo getting OUT of my Thirsties covers, but it would be great if I could minimize the number of times the poo gets on the inside of the leg gusset. Absolutely. They keep the poo off of the cover so you can re-use it without washing every time.
Quote: Do you mean to not get thirsties and just get the bummis? I think I'd really like to have a bit of variety, to see how I like each brand. I already have some BSWW smalls, and will probably get some small superbrites too, so I'll have lots of bummis after the newborn stage! Right, I would skip the Thirsties. I've never used them, though, so maybe they are awesome. The BSWW are awesome, but the superbrites, weren't so great, imo. The...
Looks good -- I would skip the XS and just get the small size. Bummies are great covers. Many, many babies have used ours and they still work great. I'd probably get 4 or 5 small covers. And a few more snappis. Lots of people just lay them in, but for us, poop got on the wrap and I didn't like having to change that every time. It also makes the diaper fit a little differently, and I think it looks more comfortable to have the diaper folded on with a prefold. You'll...
Mine did, it was awesome. Great not to have to pack up my 2 year old and bring her to appointments.
I would also pass. We are living a in a house that is at the tippy top of our range and it is extremely stressful. We are slowing sinking into debt because we can't afford it when someone needs a cavity filled, or worse, DH had cancer two years ago, or our car breaks down. It has been a great place to live, but so not worth the damage it has done on our marriage. We almost put an offer on a house that was *perfect* and cheaper than our current place, but the house...