or Connect

Posts by KellyV

Ok, so if you do allow sweets in moderation, and your child is still hoarding and sneaking, then what do you do? My mother visited at Easter, so we had about twice the candy as usual, and my dd (4yo) insisted on hiding the plastic eggs for us, but we didn't realize that she was hiding candy in them so she could eat it later! We've always had dessert as part of dinner. The size is somewhat proportional to what the child has eaten at dinner (if you're too full to eat...
I can also totally relate. My 4.5yo dd not only talks, but sings all day. And it's that thing where she only knows one or two lines, and sings them over and over ad nauseam. I was just reading a mindfulness post, and I wanted to respond (but didn't) that if I was mindful of my child all day, I'd have a headache after an hour. And that's not even mentioning my 2yo ds who loves to tell me things, but isn't always very clear, so it takes some brain strain to satisfy him...
Like Beachmommy, I have a similar, although less severe, situation. And while I'm pretty laid back and trust my children to have common sense, my MIL panics over every possible thing she can imagine. She's even taught my 4yo how to staunch bleeding. I've found that just "having a busy week" can be enough to put off Grandma for a few days. Make sure that she knows that the busy week involves your son, and that she can't use it as an excuse to watch him for you. We...