or Connect

Posts by Mongoose

Ulrike-actually I am glad that you mentioned more oral part. My DD is 3, has just about finished her PreK workbook from costco (she is a wb lover....I dont get it, but I want to meet HER needs...if it were me we would just play with manipulatives at her young age.) Anyway, this workbook has pages like count the tigers and write how many there are on the line. She can easily count the tigers, but cannot write on the line....It seems that she is more advanced in math and...
I am Christain (probably of the strongly variety that pp said) I love HP and I think it is silly how some of the other Christians are about it. Obviously it is fine to not like HP or want your children to watch/read it, but using it as a moral stance to not play with someone else.... WHAT? It is about the fact that they consider it promoting witchcraft and more specifically promoting it to children. Personally I would not take my kids to see the movie as young as...
We are trying to decide between the two... What would you recommend? What are the pros and cons of each? Thanks
I have an DK eyewitness book on China....the pictures are really good. DD 3yo likes to look at them. It might be nice to use if you are talking about something to do with China and want to show her a pic of it. Also kiddie chopsticks...so you can practice eating like they do in China... http://www.hogwildtoys.com/homeandca...tml#fishsticks we found ours at our New Seasons Market...dont know if you have those markets in your area, but the chopsticks are great.
Ok to clear this up a bit... DD is very young...she just turned 3. No she does not understand that she is getting just a penny! We are planning to "pay" her more in the future. We had not really planned to do allowance this way, but she sorta tied it together herself. She had been asking about Dh going away to work. She is a daddys girl and was very upset that every day could not be a "daddy day". So I started explaining how Daddy has to work because it is his...
Hmmm...I had not thought of this connection before.....as I said DD is very young, and so far it seems to motivate her a little with toy pick up. I had not thought about the negative part of that where she expects it if I ask her to do anything else. Food for thought....
the title says it I am just wondering, as we have just started one with my DD and she is eating it up. I thought it would be a good tool for learning money management. As she is very young, she only has 4 chores...make her bed, brush teeth, pick up her dirty clothes and drop them down the laundry chute, and clean up her toys. We give her a penny for each chore done each day. She is also learning how many pennys make a nickle or dime and so forth as we cash in the...
Count me in.... I subbed for a while until my teaching license ran out....in my state at the time of my grad from college you only got to keep your license for 4 years unless you could manage to get a masters in ed by the end of the 4 years...ya right! Our state did such massive teacher lay offs the year I graduated, there were no jobs only subbing and that was flooded with teachers who were layed off, so it was hard to even get a sub job. I switched to nannying until...
Oh...i was just wondering cuz I have a friend who is probably going to use connections this fall for her Kindy girl. She was asking my opinion of it, but honestly I dont know much about it. Me... Im too eclectic to have a program that gives me curriculum ;-) Do you know anything about the +/- of connections? Sorry if this is hijacking....
AAHHH They dont have that in my state...but they have this www.connectionsacademy.com Is that kinda the same thing?