or Connect

Posts by DeeEast

My doctor just switched me from Zoloft to Wellbutrin XL 150 mgs. Reading the paperwork that came with the prescription, it says not to take if breastfeeding. Now the pharmacist said when I called that there was one study where it caused birth defects in babies whose mothers had taken it while pregnant. But that the studies now showed that it was undetectable in nursing infants. So I am on the fence as to whether or not to take this. I was the one who asked for the...
Although how BFing one year olds ever became extended is crazy to me. A little bit of history. None of my in-laws have ever BF'd. And its obvious that they are more than a little eek'd out that I ever BF'd the twins at all. A lot of comments like "I would never BF because I have to leave my kids and can't stand being with them so much of the time. How do you know they are getting enough? etc. etc. So this weekend we are staying at in-laws and our routine is that...
Quote: Originally Posted by Emilie What if I said- breastfeeding twins is stupid- I don't know why anyone would want to do that. But I respect it. That is not nice. We can take this to pm if you want. I am trying tounderstand where you are coming from. No you obviously are not. You are being snide about my opinion that differs from yours. But that is Aok on MDC. As long as your opinion is in the majority, so don't worry. :
Quote: Originally Posted by dove you pretty obviously don't want to understand are unintentionally (I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt here) putting down womyn who believe in their bodies' abilities to birth normally and without pain management. There is such a thing as ecstatic birth. i have experienced it. Sometimes it involves actual orgasm, sometimes it doesn't. In womyn who are not micro-managed in their labor, believe in their bodies...
Quote: Originally Posted by alegna Wow. Why wouldn't you want to understand? I did not have an orgasmic birth (don't we all wish, huh?) BUT it was not unbearable. It was not intollerable. I never even WANTED meds. I think it has a lot to do with the fact I birthed at home and was in my own element, but perhaps I was just lucky -Angela Yes, in my opinion you were "lucky". Ah-hem. So you are saying that the fact that my birth was...
Quote: Originally Posted by CookieMonsterMommy Not in everyones experience. Some women orgasm during labor. How ludicrous. Enough said. My pain was beyond excrutiating and so was every other woman's pain that I've ever personally spoken to, including my mother who had 7 children without pain relief. I just do not understand your mind-set nor do I want to.
Quote: Originally Posted by Galatea No, it wouldn't. Lots of us have positive hospital births. Relax. I'm relaxed. But thanks for your concern.
Oh and I did have one of those "crash" C-sections where I had to undergo general anesthesia. My DS had a prolapsed cord and he could have died without an immediate C-section. He almost did die as a matter of fact, even with it.
Quote: Originally Posted by mandib50 if you are making an informed choice and consent to the use of drugs, then i'm not understanding why you would feel guilty about that choice regardless of what others say to you? I didn't say that I personally felt guilty because I have no reason to. What offends me is women who try to make women who choose pain relief during labor feel guilty. Big difference. Also, to the PP who said "a little pain on...
Yes, I had a very positive hospital birthing experience with my first DD. PM me for details because I fear that putting them here will lead to censorship and the thread being deleted.