or Connect

Posts by DeeEast

I want to clarify my viewpoint, if I may. Having given birth to 3 children under 3 different circumstances, I feel that I do have something to offer women who are wondering what childbirth feels like. I respect women who want to go "drug-free" with their deliveries. The fact that I do not agree, nor understand it, does not detract from the fact that I respect that opinion. My only problem is the fact that, personally, I feel that women are pressured into a...
Quote: Originally Posted by 2JungsMama I'm sorry, I didn't mean to imply for you to feel like a failure, or anybody else. I'm sorry your birth experience wasn't positive and so straining. I do believe that you could have had a very positive experience. With more support, the right environment, the right preperations and the ability to simply trust your body. My first birth had moments of pure terror and pain, because I couldn't belief in myself...
You are all talking about a minimal risk of complications as if it were a huge risk (from the epidural). It is entirely wrong to me that our culture has made pain relief such a "failure" for every mother. There are risks with "natural" delivery and the same with pain relief. If you choose to prescribe to propoganda from either side then you are not giving "informed consent" and believe me, the BS on this thread is not informed consent. Everyone here who keeps espousing...
I have people telling me that the WHO recommendation of nursing until age 2 is only for third world countries and doens't apply to the "Good Old USA, land of plenty". HELP!!!!!
Quote: Originally Posted by sierratahoe I know a woman who was paralysed from the neck down by an epidural. Enough said about those. I've known of women who died during "natural" childbirth. That argument makes about as much sense as the statement above.
Quote: Originally Posted by georgia Denise, wow...it sounds like the birth of your first twin, although med-free, was certainly not a *typical* birth. Wow, that must have been so scary for you. I really can relate to your pain and panic---I had that w/my first. No matter what your location, home or hospital, birth is going to go most smoothly when mama feels safe and supported Precipitious labor can be really terrifying--you don't have time for the...
Quote: Originally Posted by mommy2madison03 Natural childbirth is the greatest best thing that I have ever done and will ever do! I will birth naturally again if we decide to have another child. The most painful part was the crowning and that was less than a minute! I think every woman should birth naturally just to have that feeling after you've done it! You can't put it into words, it's awesome! ! I completely disagree with this....
Quote: Originally Posted by Christi Dee east Since you have experienced it all what were the differences you noticed? Did you have a lot more power during your natural birth? I wanted to have completely unmedicated births because I thought it was better for my babies. they were both such powerful experiences. I have a good feeling that drugs would have dulled the whole thing. Thank you for asking. The differences in my 3...
Seriously, after having 3 children, one with an epidural, one with nothing, and one emergency C-section with a prolapsed cord, I can honestly say that I've experienced the entire gamut. Please tell me why you think that having no pain relief is preferable.
Quote: Originally Posted by elanorh Contractions (I never had Braxton-Hicks) felt like menstrual cramps - nothing more. A bit like you're sick to your stomach with diarrhea, right before/as it hit. Not nauseous, but that stomach cramping sensation. As they strengthened, it felt kind of like a pressurized band pressing down progressively on my abdomen and lower .... Really, despite back labor, it wasn't 'til I was about 9cm that I really thought at all...