or Connect

Posts by DeeEast

Ok, you want honesty. I had my first with an epidural by the time I got to 6 centimeters. No pain, I pushed her out. It was a wonderful birth. With the twins I had a precipitous labor and barely made it to the hospital. I barely pushed her out by the time DH made it to the room. It was a nightmare. The pain still sticks with me to this day. I would almost have rather died than go through that pain again and cannot understand how anyone would voluntarily go through that....
I'm very proud of breastfeeding my twins. But the reason that I am proud is that at the beginnign it was extremely hard for me/us. I've never had an easy time BFing, including DD and the twins. Not to mention the fact that DS was in NICU for almost two weeks and they were both preemies that couldn't latch. I went through hell and came through the other side and now its all a down-hill slide. So yes, I am very proud. But it was so hard that I also have a hard time...
I swear I have never had a bad one. But today we were at Ikea (in Ross Township, Pittsburgh area for any other tribal members out there) and we let our 3 year old DD into the Ball Room. Being a newbie, we didn't realize that we could have let her there by herself the entire time we were shopping. So we let her go in as we were leaving and then realized we were going to be there for a while. So I took the opportunity to nurse the twins, one at a time of course. A mother...
My next door neighbor, who never BFed, told me this weekend that one of her good friends is pregnant and wanting to breastfeed. Now I have successfully breastfed my singleton and my twins (still BFing the twins riight now as matter of fact), but it was most definitey not easy for me. How much of the truth, i.e. nipple pain, etc. do I tell this woman to encourage her, yet not discourage her?
Quote: Originally Posted by moonfirefaery When Corbin first latched on those first few weeks I was in so much pain I even cried out a few times. After a few minutes of nursing I'd feel better, but at first the pain was almost unbearable. I've had mastitis 3 times, and I dealt with engorgement, leaking, learning to latch. It's not easy. You have to learn it and work at it... Parenting itself isn't easy. You have to learn to be a parent and work at it...so...
Don't get me wrong. I was so close to quitting with the twins that I swore I would never blame anyone who quit and went to formula. But on the same hand, I can't stand hearing women say that it was so hard not getting any sleep or being so tied down, or it hurt sooo badly, that they just had to quit for the well-being of their baby. HEY! I had TWO babies, one in the NICI on a respirator for 12 days and another preemie at home, alone with a two year old to take care of,...
I am so sick of hearing people say that they had such a hard time nursing at the beginning that the best thing for their child was to give up and give formula. AS IF breastfeeding is easy! It was most definitely NOT easy for me. I had nipple pain for 10 weeks with both pregnancies, both my singleton and the twins. It was so bad that my nipples were raw and my OB saw them and gave me another prescription for Vicodin just to keep BFing. Yes, that's how bad the pain was...
I swear by nursing shirts. It sounds like you would be more comfortable NIPing in them. Try Expressiva.com or Motherwear.com. I love the twinsets. Oh and at the moment, nursing twins has made me huge. I was normally a 36A or B and now I am a 40 DD.
I voted. What is wrong with people? The funny thing is that no one even gives me an extended look and I nurse my two everyplace. I would almost love someone to say something to me because I'm ready for it. Maybe they sense that somehow?
Quote: Originally Posted by minkajane For some reason, on FF boards, 80% of the posts are titled "What formula do you use?" 10% are "Should I change formula?" or "How to change formulas?" and 10% are rants about mean pushy self-righteous breastfeeders. So true. If you think most boards are bad, you should see the twin boards. You can't even mention BFing twins without backlash unless you are on the BFing twins specific forums.