or Connect

Posts by DeeEast

My oldest brother was born in 1946. He was at least 2 to 3 months premature and was born at home weighing a little over 3 lbs. I asked my 78 year old mother this weekend how she fed him since she said he couldn't nurse (he was too small and also sick with pneumonia). She said her sister was nursing her son and pumped for her. That just amazed me, in a good way. On the other hand, she also told me that at the very beginning her doctor told her to give my brother whiskey...
Yes as a matter of fact, here is a triplet board. There is at least one woman on there who has nursed her triplets. http://www.tripletconnection.org/tri...um/dcboard.php
But it was a positive drive-by! Today we were eating at the food court in the mall and I was nursing my twins one at a time while we ate. A lady walked up to me and said "I'm so glad you are doing that. I do the same thing too and people give me the evil eye sometimes and I think 'Its the most natural thing in the world. Get a life!' Its great to see someone else doing it too!" I told her thank you very much. I appreciate it. And I do.
Yep, that was a great reaction. Didn't you totally want to look around to make sure nobody else was looking and then flash them? Oh wait, maybe that's just me. P
Quote: Originally Posted by fiveredhens What you are suggesting is incredibly insulting and damaging. Also, it makes people INCREDIBLY defensive and blocks them from hearing anything useful you might have to say in the future. I have read your posts and you do have some nice suggestions, however, by personally attacking someone and saying they brought this misery upon themself in such a condesending and self-righteous manner is not helpful in the...
I love your letter(s). The only thing that I want to bring up (and I apologize if anyone else has already) is that the issue of "nursing in public." I don't think that nursing your baby in front of your own family is public in any way.
Quote: Originally Posted by blessed It feels like some of you all just aren't going to rest until M is alone, cut off from everyone she loves because she's offended by everyone who doesn't percieve the world exactly the same way she does. Good grief. My FIL would probably fall over in a dead faint if I lifted my shirt in front of him. In the world that he lives in, no one would ever, ever do that. Can we not be a little bit tolerant of people who -...
Quote: Originally Posted by Victorian personally, if someone insulted me so vastly (and to compare your breasts to playboy is insulting IMO), I would respond "see you when she weans". V. Frankly, if my own family didn't want me to feed my child in their presence then I wouldn't even want to see them after the child weans. Its so beyond outrageous to me that I would write them off until they came to their senses and have no problem...
I can honestly say that I can't remember ever having a negative experience NIP. I nursed DD and now the twins and I NIP everywhere. Especially with my Glamourmom tops I have no hesitation nursing wherever the babies are hungry, including church, on a plane, in the mall, at a restaurant table. Can't think of a place I wouldn't nurse except for a public restroom. But today I actually had a positive experience, in that other women, complete strangers, acted as if it were...
I love my Glamourmom Bra Top, NOT the tank top. I had two size large Glamourmom tank tops and they were very uncomfortable, just too tight. I'm not normally a big person but I'd say I am a 40 D/DD nursing twins and the bra top is so comfortable I just got another one in extra large.