or Connect

Posts by DeeEast

It depends on the person evidently. I nursed my singleton and now my twins and each time it was, as a PP said "toe-curling pain" for me for about 10 weeks. I must be in the minority though, which is good. I disagree with the statement that if it hurts that bad something is wrong. Not necessarily. The latch was checked each time and is fine and the pain has always gone away once my nipples are conditioned after time goes by. The idea that something is going "wrong" if...
Quote: Originally Posted by bellababy I have two on my neck-- and not from DH.. HA!!! DS is just starting some teething, so he'll take anything, I guess... Yeah, DH was joking that he didn't tell me it was there when he first saw it (before I saw it) because he wanted to see if our 2 year old told him if Mommy was kissing the mailman first!
Quote: Originally Posted by mamao'two my mil said that about herself because she's a redhead...doesn't really hold water with me. How did all the Irish feed their babies for centuries? It hurt a lot but they had to feed their babies anyway?
Well I can attest to some of that but not the blonde part. I'm not blonde but I am very fair skinned and blue eyed. My skin is pretty delicate. I've also had huge problems with sore nipples with both my DD and the twins. Despite a good latch, my nipples get incredibly raw and sore and stay that way for a good 10 weeks. After that the pain goes away, but until then its pretty bad.
Quote: Originally Posted by Devaskyla http://www.kellymom.com/bf/normal/growth-spurt.html Looks like 4 months is a growth spurt time. Maybe try nursing them together again? Wish I could be more help. I thought so too but can they be having another growth spurt so close to the last one last month? Edited to add that I re-read that link that you gave (thanks!) and it looks like they can have a growth spurt at both 3 and 4 months?...
on my jawbone from DD. See my other thread about my twins wanting to nurse constantly today. I was holding DD and she was really going at my face, sucking on my jawbone really hard! I said aloud to her "You're going to give me a hicky" and lo and behold I look in the mirror tonight and I've got a horrible purple red black and blue hicky on my face!
I'm nursing my twins who will be 4 months old in a couple of days. They had a growth spurt around 3 months and my supply has been great so far. I had been taking Fenugreek and Blessed Thistle but tapered off and stopped a week or two ago. The last two days I think my supply has gone down! I just don't feel as full and the babies act like they are both in another growth spurt, wanting to nurse all of the time and also acting like they are still hungry after they nurse....
I fell in between the size 3 and 4 so when I saw what I wanted in a size 3 on Ebay I snapped it up. It just feels too small with the baby in it. So far I've only tried DD in it because she's the smaller of the twins and even at 11 lbs. she was really squished. I felt bad for her. There's no room for manipulation and as a matter of fact I can barely squeeeeze her in it. This can't be right. So I bit the bullet and ordered a new one in size 4 that hasn't gotten here...
Not much time to type now but my DS was in NICU for 12 days and received bottles along with gavage feedings. The hospital was 1.5 hours away and I had a toddler and his twin to deal with at home, along with recovering from a vaginal and an emergency c-section delivery so I didn't get to the hospital as much as I would have liked. He latched on like a pro towards the end of his hospital stay and ever since he's BFd better than my DD who was BFd from day one. Bottle feeding...
I don't know if I'd really call it a diaper rash but my kids bottoms are all red. They've been this way for a while now and I don't know how much longer I can justify CDing unless we get rid of it. We never had diaper rashes with disposables. I've changed detergents from Tide with the enzymes to Sun, supposedly without. I've stripped my diapers in the last couple of days. Today I also started using Calgon and vinegar in a Downey ball so we'll see how that goes. I'm...