or Connect

Posts by Theo's Mama

Hi,   If you are looking for a homeschool community, whether you are new to homeschooling, or even just exploring, there is a diverse and welcoming homeschool community in Sonoma County.  Visit Sonoma County Homeschoolers Nonprofit's new website at www.schnonprofit.org to meet other families, find information about homeschooling in our area or to join.   Paige
I've also hardly ever found them, but opened a carton of organic eggs one morning and found 5 of them to be double, and also found just days later that I was carrying twins. If I find another carton like that, I will definitely get nervous.
Ok, I'll admit I only read the first and last pages. . . but I have to ask, is anyone talking or writing about when and how husbands surrender? marriage is a two way street. Sure, I will surrender, but expect him to too! Why aren't there 7 pages of posts on husbands surrendering/keeping out of my business/letting me earn the living while he helps out with the kids? Sorry if I missed something.
Hey Laralou! Glad things are better. You've been on my mind, but I've been crazy busy. Will email one day. Funny to hear that you are trying to settle one without just picking up because then the other will wail. I didn't realize until just a little bit ago that I was doing that, when a friend went to pick one up and I started to say, "Don't, her sister will cry then too!" not realizing I could hold one too. Seems to me one is needy in the morning and one in the...
almost forgot: marblesmama, thanks for all the great tips. I use the "one in the crook of the leg" one too, and kind of feel like a mama monkey!
Twinmommy, I can sure understand where you are coming from. I haven't posted in months, wonder why? My girls are 6 1/2 months now, and it has become harder now that they recognize when I pick up one and not the other. My son who is almost four, however, is handling things much better now. I have incredible support, my mom comes for a week once amonth and my hubby comes home from work at 1 pm, when I leave the house for a few hours of peace and quiet (ie, work!) And...
I've come to agree that it is important developmentally (bad vs good) and that they need to simplify it to that extent, because of their age. Not only do they have to villify, I am convinced that they sometimes have to try out what they know you don't want them to be, or what they think they shouldn't be. My son gets a certain thrill from "being an outlaw" (my words, not his) As a feminist, I know it is not easy to be a woman in this world, but being a mama of a son has...
I liked the idea of needing another mama to mourn with, as I don't have anyone in quite my situation in my everyday life, at the moment. At the same time, talking to all of you helps me realize how normal this is and how I have to take a deep breath and learn along with my son. I totally understand that this is all wrapped up for me with my feelings about the war. I don't let my son have ANY media exposure, which limits mine, which is ok, but he has been to peace...
Hi Twinsmama, I can still kind of do the double bjorn for short times, but I have a big frame and a strong back and it still kills me. Mine are 4 months and weigh 11 5 and 13 4 right now. I'd recommend not getting something new for the front, because I doubt you can carry them together for long, but I'm thinking when I can do one on the front and one on the back it might work for a while. One thing I will add is that although their weights continue to increase, the...
Natural Joy, are you nursing those babies yet? I hope you are loving it and that things are going well for you and your new ones. I just wanted to say that I am a 110% advocate of breastfeeding, but that anyone who has to supplement shouldn't feel bad, just as those who do have an awesome supply should be proud and grateful. It is a dicey thing to make sure that bottle feeding doesn't interfere with breastfeeding, but it didn't cause a problem for me--my girls...