or Connect

Posts by rype

I just found this and thought I'd share it.   http://www.sharonmcleod.com/australian-wheel-of-the-year.html
It's definitely still good to use! Maybe even better since you let it macerate for so long.
Second the indian corn necklaces. We did those last year following instructions that said to pour boiling water over them the night before. Worked great very easy for little hands. Also acorn necklaces. We collected tons of acorns the day before and then I drilled holes in them with a small drill bit using the electric drill. Very pretty in combo with the corn. Then whatever capes didn't stay put you can use for the felt acorns. Leaf prints. Collect leaves...
Just this weekend I tackled this issue. I found something very similar to this at Goodwill. So that's for all the papers, odds and ends. I got one of these for little things. And one of these types things that's plastic, that's what he has his markers, crayons, pens and pencils in. Those last tow I got at Target from that $1 section in the front. To display his art and I haven't put it up yet, I just got some mini clothes pins and twine. I plan on hanging the twine...
Quote: Originally Posted by zoebird last year--our last in PA--we helped to plan the bird, build it, and were there until about 3 am (had to get the baby inside, as the fire died down). I wonder if I've seen you! We lived in the house directly across the street. The yellow one with blue trim. The boys watched through the front windows almost everyday. For us celebrating Dias de los Muertos really took off after that amazing Frida Kahlo...
Have you seen Rhythm of the Home? It's an online waldorfy magazine and this month they even have an article called: Creating a Waldorf Home. I haven't read it yet, but I'm sure it's at least interesting. Also there is a blog called TheMagicOnions that has a Discovering Waldorf series I find it very nice to read. Also Quote: Originally Posted by JenniKail How can I keep my 10 1/2 mo and a 21 mo (child I care for every day) busy/ fairly contentedly...
Hey Zoebird, I saw you used to live near me. I live in Phoenixville. Have you ever been to the Firebird Festival here? As for Halloween, we lean more toward Dias De los Muertos, there's just a lot more meaning in that for me. It's like poor commercialized Christmas vs Yule.
I saw an idea some where about making a back-to-school time capsule. Basically you make hand prints and the kids can write down their favorite things from right now. Anyway, I thought that might be a fun thing to do. Whenever our not back to school days is. I just wanna say, I loved this: Quote: Oh my gosh, this very thing is driving me crazy lately too. It's so sad, and SO disrespectful to say that about your own children. I'm also sick of a certain...
My cousin who is a former kindergarten teacher just recommended this book to me for my kindergartner. Math Their Way I was just wondering if anyone had any feedback about it? My guy wants to learn plus and minus's, he's interested, but he's not very good at printing the numbers yet.
Thank you! That's perfect. I previously researched when the date of each festival I wanted to celebrate and now it's stuck in computer limbo. We celebrate the Equinoxes and Solstices as well. Thank you again.