or Connect

Posts by morning glory

Go for the midwife!! Sorry...I'm hoping you weren't looking for a let's examine the issues type answer! I had two c-sections...both were inductions that sound a lot like yours. What you needed was time...not drugs and not lying on your back waiting for things to happen. This pregnancy I am seeing a team of midwives and WHAT difference! My first appointment was an hour to discuss everything about my previous birth experiences and what I want this time around....
I wouldn't go straight to c-section at this point. You can try an induction with the foley catheter and nipple stimulation to get contractions going. There is someone on here who had that kind of induction and had a successful VBAC...maybe it was even VBA2C? I can't remember but I remember reading the story... For now...have you been taking evening primrose oil? You can take it orally and insert it vaginally. It works in the same way semen does...helps to ripen the...
Congratulations! I love hearing about successful VBACs! Enjoy your beautiful new baby!
Quote: I don't understand why you don't want to go on record with the health region? It's not like they're going to hunt you down or anything. I told the health nurse when ds2 was born that we weren't going to be vaxing, she made a note in the file not to send us reminders, end of story. Still get the stupid flu vax notices, but no one has ever contacted us about vaccines for any other reason. This has mostly been my experience too...although I have...
Quote: [OT: I can't believe how many Albertans there are on MDC! Who knew we had so many crunchy mamas in this province?] Pretty cool, eh? So with regards to all the other stuff I think I will call our licensing officer and ask why we even need to ask about vaccinations if its not even regulated...really none of our business I think.
Just noticed about your DH saying he supports your decision but you feel like he feels you will fail. I SOOO hear you on that one. My DH is the same way. I've told him I feel like he is humoring me not supporting me. Sort of a "go ahead and try but we all know where this will end up...". My Mom and an Aunt I am close to have the same (or even worse) attitude. Here is what I had to come to terms with...and it may not be the same for you but this is what works for...
I think since you were induced the "failure" of your first birth was in no way yours. I have been induced twice and had two c-sections for "failure of descent". According to my OB there must be something wrong with my pelvis. From my point of view the Dr. was the one doing the inductions and trying to override what my body and the baby were saying. Any "failure" is theirs. Not mine. I agree with getting on the ICAN list. Have you tried looking for a midwife in...
After looking at those links and doing some research of my own I would think that there would be no reason to ask on a playschool registration form about vaccination at all. I oversee a playschool program and when our licensing officer visited she said that we needed to add a vaccination portion to our registration form. Could you see why we would have to have this information if there are no regulations governing vaccination in Alberta? As someone who doesn't...
I haven't read all the replies yet...sorry if I repeat things already said... I've gone "past due" with both my previous pregnancies, said okay to being induced twice, and ended up with two c-sections...so I think I have a pretty good guess at how you are feeling right now. I seriously had moments when I though I was just going to be pregnant forever. I realize this is not only ridiculous but impossible but thats where I was at. So...this time I am seeing an...
Does anyone have a link on the vaccination regulations for Alberta Preschool and Playschools? I'm sure I could google it and come up with something but I'm feeling very lazy tonight...I'm saving all my energy to clean up the pumpkin guts mess the kids are making in the kitchen!