or Connect

Posts by morning glory

What drove me nuts was how they kept saying that vaccines are SOOOO safe! And they are making them safer all the time! Well which is it??? To see them sit there and tell the mom with a vaccine damaged child that the vaccine that hurt her child is even safer now really burned me up. I'm sure she was told when her child got it how SAFE it was. If it could be made safer what business did they have giving it to children??? And since vaccines have been completely safe...
I'm in Alberta too and I'm wondering if it may be that they are going to give out vaccinations at the school. I know it was very common when I was a kid to have them line us all up like cattle and vaccinate everyone. My first step would be to call the school and find out if that is the case. After that I wouldn't fill out the form. I'd just keep it on file and write a letter to the school saying something along the lines of you DO NOT consent to ANY vaccination being...
I tried it with baby one at around 41.5 weeks. Didn't work...but I also didn't get crampy or puke or anything else...just had a big, urgent poop the next morning...TMI, I know... I drank about 2oz in OJ so maybe I didn't take enough? I've heard the old wives tales about it working but anyone I have spoken to who has tried it ended up spending a lot of quality time with their toilet but not in labour. The compress method I have never tried but I would consider it...
I can't really comment on the yoga dvd but I was having the same sort of issues and I've found that doing bellydance dvds has been a huge help...most have a stretching warm up (generally yoga-ish) at the start and then do some dance moves and maybe a short routine...I find it very relaxing and uplifting. I also set myself a cut off point to not read the stuff that makes me angry (I think that was around 25 weeks I did that). Now I read uplifting or empowering...
Yeah I'm going with normal, too. I'm not really an exercise junkie either (I've had two c-sections). What worked for me was starting with just sort of sucking in a bit and holding it as long as I could (all day would be ideal....). Sit ups is a tough way to start in I think. You could also try just sitting on an exercise ball while you are watching tv or on the computer. I'd be working my way up to sit ups. I think belly dance helped suck things back up...
I'm happy that midwifery is will be covered but also a little pissed at the timing since I'm still going to be out of pocket $3500. I'm going to call my MLA and ask why the delay in funding.
With my first two I figured they were boys and they were...this one I feel like its a girl...we'll see I guess. I'm not one of those people who just "knows" though...and even when I have an idea about it I try not to get attached to it because I don't want to have the baby and think "Who ARE you???" because I had my heart and mind set on someone else showing up!
My first instinct would be to try acupuncture...very good for dealing with pain of all sorts. And can help to induce labour. If its baby's position you could try a chiropractor...there may be something out of line that is contributing to the pain. Has she tried any nipple stimulation to try and get things going? I understand the discomfort that pregnancy can bring but surgery seems like a pretty major step to avoid that. Are they even treating the hemmoroids...
I would try to find a local human society or rescue organization (google and call local vet clinics and animal shelters). They may be able to help you catch the mama, get her treatment and then she can raise the pups. Its possible to bottle feed puppies but they really do better when they are with their mom...or at least a mom. A rescue agency may also have a foster mom the pups could go to (another dog who has had puppies recently who will be able to nurse your puppies).
I only skimmed the article so forgive me if I get it wrong but I really think that the problem isn't lack of memorization in schools/education today (who didn't have flash cards or have to memorize random map locations or science facts or whatever...). I think its more the dumbing down of education in general. Kids now (and in the past 20 years or so) don't memorize great poems or works of literature because they are not introduced to them til much later in their...