or Connect

Posts by morning glory

Oh that is so funny...about falling out of bed! I love it ! Casey
We're in Alberta and as far as I know schools and daycares will tell you that vaccinations are mandatory but they can't be legally required. You will probably have to submit a letter to your school saying that you have refused vaccination for religious, health or personal reasons. In the event that there is an outbreak of say whooping cough they may require that you keep your child home for the duration of the outbreak. I can't see it going beyond that but if...
I can relate...my husband is a registered nurse and was determined to do everything by the book. Three years later here we are with two uncirmucised, unvaccinated, cosleeping (when they choose) boys. Since DH is a scientist how about a little experiment... Put a 20 pound sack of potatoes in the bed...if you find yourself sleeping on top of the potatoes often then maybe he has a legitimate argument. Babies are NOT comfy to sleep on. They have knees and elbows...
Don't let your ped. brush aside your fears as crazy mama syndrome...babies heads don't swell up for no reason! Ask him to give you the possible reasons that the swelling may have occured. If he doesn't answer you then for sure get a second opinion. I really hope its something simple and not a big deal...good luck. Casey
I had that problem too...if you just go to the "Get Free Access" part...click on register now and fill in your info it will then send you directly to the article. Hope that helps...
Wow...that is sad. I really hope that the mother who wrote that article gets past caring what other people think and hugs and touches her kids as much as she wants. I looked for an e-mail address because I wanted to tell her that I'm 31 (one of four kids and the "baby" in our family is 30) and my Mom still hugs, rubs our backs, strokes our hair, kisses the back of our necks...and we all turned out pretty normal well at least we aren't malfunctioning mama's girls or...
I agree with the previous posters that its probably just not being totally awake before he gets moving. I've had it happen sometimes when I get woke up by the phone or something else that startles me into moving right away. And you know how kids can be about getting moving the second their eyes pop open... With the vax...we had the same problem with the pressure to do it from the health nurse. They were sending reminders and phoning the house. Finally we just told...
We went through something similar with our three year old son. He was writing on walls. Our solution was to put away all the crayons and only allow supervised use until he has a better understanding of why he shouldn't write on walls. And really he prefers it that we are there to watch him draw anyway...that was he can tell us what he is drawing or writing. It doesn't have to be direct looking over your shoulder supervison...even just letting her draw while you cook...
I've been in your shoes. My husband and I both agreed that staying home with our kids is the way to go but its a really hard thing to stick to once the bills start rolling in and you have no money to pay them. What sort of hours does your husband work? Have you thought about looking for a part time evening job so that you can work when your husband is available to look after the kids? This has the added bonus of making your husband VERY aware of how much a$$...
Just wanted to add... There is a guy named Dr. Mel Levine who has written several books about how we learn and has founded an organization to address differences in learning http://www.allkindsofminds.org/ I read one of his books...I think it was called "A Mind at a Time" and thought it was very useful. I don't think he is completley anti medication, but he does believe there is a lot of stuff to try before medications and in fact you should know very specifically...