or Connect

Posts by SabDoulaMommy

I find I don't get good results if I don't soak overnight. I also don't add salt until the end. If you are continuing to get poor results in the crock, maybe try a pressure cooker? I love mine for cooking beans - it really cuts the time down & if you cook a whole bunch @ once, you get good results. Cooking small batches results in mushy beans, but a pressure cooker 2/3 full results in great beans in record time.
Hi, I just put my twin girls in an elementary school in the Santa Clara Unified School Dist. I felt we needed a break from each other, but then I found out the kindy was ALL DAY right before school started. I felt blind sided but unprepared to pull them. So, they are in the public school across the street right now, but I want to be prepared to hs them next year, depending on how this school year goes for us (maybe even sooner!). The District website is useless on info...
I'm in Santa Clara, really close to San Jose. I've got 4 girls, but 3 are in school during the day, so itd be just me & my 31 mo old. that park sounds familar, but I can't get a picture in my mind...I guess I'll google it.
I doubt you'll need to buy any new materials either. I made all of my dd's nb stash out of recycled materials. They worked great. Even though I've caught the fabric buying bug now, I still use recycled materials for inners & outters (when its a cute T or whatever).
I would recommend reading the Cesarian Birth section of Birthing From Within. With a planned cesarian birth, you can get a lot of "extras" that you won't necessarily be able to have in a C/S after labor, like music, extra people in there with you (like dad & grandma), etc. How long your doc will "let" you go will really be based on their expertise, experience & expectations. & Most babies born by cesarian do have to go to the nursery for a little while, for reasons...
Quote: Originally Posted by nd_deadhead I think agree that she should have followed through. You gave her a second chance, which she blew when she threw the shoe at you. Ah ha! Good point. Never thought of *that* being a 2nd chance, but it was, wasn't it? The 1st chance was me asking, "Get your shoes & put them on, please." Quote: put in a structure where you're not relying on her compliance for everyone's day not to be...
38w, 2 days, PROM
over one hour: Twin A @ 12:38pm posterior, Twin B @ 1:47pm. homebirth.
Hi! I haven't visited the twin board for awhile. My twins are 4 y, 1 1/2 mo. The problem I'm having is this: we STILL struggle to get out of the house. ALWAYS there is one or the other who won't put on shoes, "can't walk" to the car, or someother way "sabatoges" us getting into the car & going places. even fun places. For example, on Sat., we were taking my parents out to dinner. It was late for dinner for the little kiddos, so I'd put out a snack for them. I knew...
Quote: Originally Posted by amcal Honestly? We have black widows and scorpions all over the place where I live. I tried and tried to do things the natural way. I tried Diatanaceous Earth (however you spell that), EOs etc.... and still, I'd be sitting on my sofa and see a scorpion scurry across the floor right where my children play or I'd go out the back door and see a web with a black widow right where they would be sitting and drawing on the patio...