or Connect

Posts by honeysesame

it is yummy. i guess i'm just wondering, does the boiling count as refining? also, i always thought if it isn't refined it won't be white, but of course maldon is white. i don't know if i'm being too nitpicky or if we could be getting more nutrition from our table salt. we use the redmond's real salt for cooking, but i like how maldon crumbles easily in the fingers for easy pinch and sprinkling on food (plus the taste). any other thoughts anyone?
anyone know how nutrient rich maldon salt is? we really like it and i kind of assumed it was one of the "real" salts but anyone know more? i'm really just wondering if it's unrefined enough i guess. thanks!
thanks y'all. calm center, were you meaning you attach the mason jar to your total blender, or to a regular old blender bottom?
i've been fantasizing about purchasing a vitamix for months now. i would use it as a blender as well as to grind grains, and i would also love to grind chinese herbs with it (in other words, thick roots and barks etc.). however, i'm wondering if there is another appliance out there with similar (or better!) capacities, which is not plastic/synthetic. or, if someone can convince me that this is really not an issue to even think twice about. one thing i wonder is how the...
anyone?
a friend has scar tissue and bowel obstruction after surgery. i believe in the small intestine although she wasn't sure and also mentioned large intestine. she doesn't feel constipated and says her stools are normal but from time to time has pain, sometimes quite severe. has anyone had success with a particular diet for this issue? i've seen some things recommending liquid diet; others high fiber, some high fat, some low fat; raw vs cooked veg-- i'm confused! i know what i...
a friend has scar tissue and bowel obstruction after surgery. i believe in the small intestine although she wasn't sure and also mentioned large intestine. she doesn't feel constipated and says her stools are normal but from time to time has pain, sometimes quite severe. has anyone had success with a particular diet for this issue? i've seen some things recommending liquid diet; others high fiber, some high fat, some low fat; raw vs cooked veg-- i'm confused! i know what i...
fresh ginger tea helped me in the morning before eating for a while. then that didn't work and it was black tea (i think i added milk and honey). then once i had protein i was fine, this last pregnancy. the first one my diet was way different and i had more nausea throughout the day, sometimes. might just not have eaten as regularly, too.
this is all so confusing! i'm curious about carlson's "super-d".... any thoughts?
thanks!