or Connect

Posts by snarfywarning

Our house is like one giant sqauere, and so baby gates wouldn't really work. And for a year and a half, she was chained up on a farm in the snow, and then was rescued by a guy who couldn't take care of her either for 2 months, and then for 6 months lived with a super busy big family with 2 mean chihuahuas, and she was getting bullied by them and the family was too busy for her and her issues, and so they gave her up. It seems with every waking minute she becomes more...
Well, it isn't that we wont crate train, we just aren't, because she is already house broken, doesn't chew stuff up, and has to sleep with/near us...and I always assumed that is why people crate trained. But now that you mention it kinda like an indoor dog house, I am going to look into it Like I said before, both the toddlers and Annie did so much better on day 2. I now wonder if it was just first day jitters. Either way, great advice for the crate and in general. Lots...
Thanks for stating the obvious.. but with a new dog, a cat, a 1 year old, and a 3 year old, constant vigilance isn't always easy We are not crate training, but Annie does have a few hiding spots. So far, she likes under the futon, under my desk, and out on the deck. Today was snap-free, probably due to more supervision, and the baby learning his lesson yesterday. I guess my real question was, is all the hype true about a dog biting once, and then always lusting for the...
Yesterday, we got a 2 year old dog. She has been abused in the past, and as a result very very submissive. She is very calm, friendly, and has no noticeable issues with food or noise or anything. She does, however, react when hit in the face (obviously, right? lol) Now, my question is should we try to stop this behavior, or is it totally normal? It is going to take a few days to train my 17 month old how to NOT hit the dog in the face. But still, training is training,...
I am totally going to go with the creeping thyme, that looks beautiful! We did a lot of heavy duty weeding this weekend, and I had to say goodbye to my dandelions (that I planted in a row! They were so beautiful when they all puffed up) I am in the process of getting huge rocks to line my walkways with.. yay! Everything is starting to come along
Well, it is pretty ragged grass to begin with, mostly crabgrass, with huge patches of bright green clover in the middle. I can see our horrible lawn from down the street!
We also are not allowed to have clotheslines... xD We live in a gated manufactured home community with really strict standards. Moving isn't an option, as we barely make enough to pay space rent here. My neighbors don't care, but the manager drives through the court a few times a month and checks off on a list what you are doing wrong. I got in trouble for having my cat outside!! I think I am going to do all the herbs in my herb spiral, and I would probably get away...
So, in my development we are not allowed to have food gardens in the front, just lawns, ground cover plants, roses, stuff like that. Well, we think lawns are wasteful, so we have just been letting ours go, it is about 50% weeds right now, and my development manager just got all pissy at us because weeds aren't lawn. Im like "But its green! And well kept weeds! We mow them and everything!!" and she is like "Get rid of it.." So we are just getting rid of the lawn, LOL. I...
I love Champoeg the best. There are some great spots that I have camped in there, you just have to get on the right loop! As for the coast, I have ever only camped South Beach in Newport, but it seemed okay to me Nice little trail to the beach, it was beautiful, even in October.
Zar -still- has some spots. He is happy as a clam though. Thanks for asking Hope you can get through the weekend before breaking out. Bring a thermometer and check his temp every few hours. If he gets hot, then he is probably gonna break out.