or Connect

Posts by mama2mygirl

First off, your son is gorgeous! I mean, he is really, really cute! Both my girls are about a quarter Chinese. They look it and it doesn't bug me at all when people ask. The first time someone asked if my dd was "mixed" it was an Asian young woman. I was surprised because I thought that was just...I don't know. Something you didn't say like that. It sounds like that's your gripe with Oriental, right? Anyhow, Oriental would bug me but it might surprise me. "Looking...
Quote: Originally Posted by Marsupialmom I haven't changed a diaper in years......but in my days most of the time those clasp were broken or missing. At 10months I feel down a flight of stairs with my child. My mil tripped, broker her ankle and severely banged my nephew when he was 9-11 months. She had 6 kids and 10 grand kids at this point. Both of your examples happened ONE time. It's not like you wrote, "Well, my dd and I fell down...
ONE of those accidents would have been normal. But, really, she didn't freak after the broken bones? I think most new parents would be so extra careful after that.
The problem here is that everyone has a different idea of "weird." My idea of "weird homeschoolers" are the kids who walk up and talk, talk, talk, talk, talk to me and never take a breath. They seem to think I am absolutely fascinated by everything they have to say and I'm just not. These are also the kids who tend to not play with the other kids. They hang out with their parents and the adults. The high schoolers in our homeschool group actually wear really trendy...
I have a sick baby here too. She's my second, though, so I've been through this before. The big deal is if they are lethargic. It sounds like your baby isn't. I wouldn't worry but just keep watching. Easier said than done, though!
Quote: Originally Posted by One_Girl I think you should tell her that she needs to only hug family. I didn't do this with dd until she was halfway through kindergarten and I wish I had done it sooner because it makes people really uncomfortable when a child runs up and hugs them, especially when they are beyond preschool age. What used to be cute affection started turning into people looking at her like she was hideous and it was damaging to her. It...
I still call my 1st grader "baby" or "babygirl." To me that's really different than calling her "the baby." I stopped that ages ago. DD2 is a literal baby so we call her "the baby." I imagine I will stop sometime before she's two. So, people who are saying their youngest is always the baby, do you actually say, "I'm picking the baby up from school." "The baby wants sushi for dinner." "The baby is going to Daisy Scouts. " Because that just sounds so strange to me.
That's really short notice. I once gave four weeks and that was way too long. Two-three weeks is about perfect. I'm guessing that there is no way to combine both plans? Stay for an hour at the bouncy place and then move on? I've done that before. [I actually kind of like it because I hate parties and it's a good excuse to leave.)
I've heard it a couple times but mostly people around here stop after two. I think I'd laugh if someone said, "Thirty seven months."