or Connect

Posts by AliciaP8

Thanks! That's a great help. He doesn't seem to be a heavy wetter but he's only 5 months. I did wash for shrinkage but haven't prepped yet.
Thanks.
I have some fabric I was told would be good for making inserts. I mostly use pockets or covers with a lay in soaker/insert. I'm eliminating microfibre and have quite a bit of hemp that I picked up here and there. We sort of EC so many pees and all poops go in the toilet. I plan to serge the edges of whatever layers I decide to use and get rid of the last of the microfibre. So I have some organic cotton "fleece". In reality it's not like polar fleece. It's like gym pant...
I have a Kenmore 2T front loader. I've had some stink issues but mostly dealt with them by using rockin green and ditching all my microfibre and going with natural fibres. I did a lot of online reading and I was appalled by the amount of water and energy people are regularily using in their front loaders to keep diapers clean. I have a hard time seeing how that is a good thing for the environment. I second the idea that EC (even part time) is the way to go. We sit our...
I just requested to join. I'm alicia there too.
Maybaby, our experiences sound similar except that as soon as I had the epidural Reuben went into distress
Did it work? It had no positive effect for me except for the few hours during the relief from my sterile water injections. They took the excruciating pain away for about 2 hours I think and I was able to feel my contractions and think a bit. Then the hypno worked to get me in a zone. How much time did you spend on it? (Classes, homework, listening to CDs, etc.) I did the home study and maintenance dilligently. Are you happy/satisfied with how your birth went? I wish...
Good that you called early. The demand is much higher than the services they are able to provide. I hope you get in. I was a client in May. Unfortunately there were not 2 midwives available the day(s) I was in labour. The result was that I could labour at home but we would have to transfer before I actually gave birth. This ended up being irrelevant because I had an emergency section in the end and 2 midwives wouldn't have changed that. Some good news is that I've...
I think with the dog issue I'd deal with it head on. "Hey Grandma, I'm worried about DS getting bitten or scared by the dog so I'm keeping them apart." End of story. It's not insulting or rude, just facts. With the food issue I'd simply bring his own food. If you're not up for explaining why, tell her the Dr has concerns and wants you to stick to those foods for now. Grandparents seem to like that little fib And I'm sure there's a Dr somewhere that doesn't want him...
Reuben is great. He's almost 10 weeks now. He was 7lbs3oz at birth and somewhere between 13 and 14 now I'd say. He's over 24 inches long. He rolled over Thursday which surprised me. He's so cheerful. Smiling and laughing all the time Oh and he slept 10pm til 5am last night also!