or Connect

Posts by cristinaoketch

so according to a dermatologist, my daughter is suffering from Seborrhoeic dermatitis, and she gave me some topical liquid to treat, as well as a shampoo...neither have worked and my poor baby is crying that her head itches and hurts I want to know what is CAUSING it, not how to treat it...have been researching through prescription for NH and found that dairy is a main culprit, so we have started to remove that all today... wondering is anyone has any experience with...
i travelled to dubai and uganda last year with my then 1 1/2 year old, and simply contacted the embassies who only wanted a letter signed by me stating that we do not vaccinate. although the CDC and WHO will state some vax are required for travel to their country, they are often more willing to comply than US schools! have you tried just calling the embassy and asking? you could also just submit the letter stating your excemption with your visa application and see if...
I have been to Africa several times, I do not vax my daughter, and returned from Uganda this past summer after 1 month, during rainy season...both rural and metro. As far as REQUIRED vax, there are non...the same way they are REQUIRED here, is the same way they are REQUIRED in Africa...if you offer a reason why you do not vaccinate, you can receive a waiver which is exactly what I did for Yellow Fever to Uganda. I simply called the embassy, asked with whom i should...
i havent had one of these things in years, sat out in the sun over the holiday weekend, now my lip is swollen like i was in a fight... i'm taking all my regular things, l-lysine, acidophilus, vitamin c... but i can even feel the lymph node on the same side of my face swollen i was wondering if anybody had any suggestions on getting the swelling down? should i avoid any food in particular? i am treating topically with tea tree oil and keeping it dry. but it...
as far as needing the vax, i was being sarcastic, i know they arent neccesary to survive.. i agree that the people have been surviving just great without them and as far as the yellow fever, i just called the embassy, told them we dont vax for religious reasons, and it was that simple. they never asked for the yellow cards... it was great. side note, can you believe on our way, in Dubai in the UAE, the people in the airport took us off the huge line through...
Yes!!! you can, we did and it was great.... one month in Uganda, no yellow fever, no MMR and no polio, things we were told we would ALL get if we didnt vax just some support for others who might think its not possible.... here are some pics.... dd with her pet goat, chicken, grandmas hut, bath in the village, and cousins. just wanted to share :...
so i have read here that there are two different shots, and that the tetanus shot that is normally given, will not help someone immediatly, but for the next time they might come in contact with the disease.... why is that??
and as far as the travel doc thing, its horrible. i actually got lucky and found a doc FROM Ghana who let me and dd walk right in, gave us the RX for Malarone, and never charged us a cent. not for a regular visit nor the travel visit. it helped that i spoke a little Twi too but she could have some luck just going to a regular doc visit at a doc that is also a travel doc. for example, a pediatrician that our dd has seen can give the yellow fever vax, and we have...
i just posted on the other thread about Ghana.... i know from my own personal experience that yellow fever is NOT required, the CDC states it is, but you can get a religious excemption. that is exactly what i did for my dd and myself, we will be in Uganda for 1 month on vacation. i have lived in Ghana.... i talked about that in my other thread. my husband is from Uganda, and we leave in 4 days. we will be taking Malarone, and are getting no other vaxes. dd is...
I lived in Ghana for 4 months, and am leaving for Uganda in 4 days.... for my trip to Ghana, i was in between rural/suburbhan/city areas, and took malarone. I did not have any problems with it, and personally would not suggest Larium as it gave my husband horrid nightmares and hallucinations. Malarone is much more expensive, something like $7 a pill, but we were lucky to get it covered by insurance, and for a 5 week supply for me and dd, it was only $18!!! should...