or Connect

Posts by Ruth

Water. Regular excercise and a good, no an improving, diet and a happy life helps too.
I am environmentally conscious vegetarian (working my way to veganism) and I don't wear leather shoes. My husband found this place to mail-order our dress shoes (we are both lawyers) although I was very happy with $9.00 Payless Shoes pumps-black. Celestial, I will try to get you the information on these shoes that we buy-they are VERY nice. I'll ask dh tomorrow.
Daylily, When we had a dog and a cat, we used to buy the dog vegetarian dog food. They sell it even at the mainstream places like Petsmart (if I remember correctly). We also feed our dog some table scraps-he loved tofu dogs! We could never find vegetarian cat food, though.
I am an environmentalist and I do not eat meat. Originally, I became vegetarian for purely selfish reasons. I was quitting a job with great health insurance benefits to start my own company. I figured no health insurance meant I HAD TO STAY HEALTHY. Later, I learned about how I was saving the earth and animals AND how I was saving many many people from starvation.
Well said, Artemesia. I don't leave because if I leave, then there will be one less person working for Peace in this country. The love it or leave it argument is ridiculous. Do you leave your dh the minute he does something you disagree with, do you quit your job the minute it is not perfect, do you abandon your children because of their tantrums? Of course not, you stay and you fix things. Plus, my family lived on this continent before ANY European settlers...
I agree that probably people get hurt when they find out Santa isn't real when they keep asking their parents and the parents insist he is real. I try not to lie to my child. Even if I told her the Santa story as if it were fact, if she started doubting the story, I would tell her the truth: that it is just a story. But I do know parents that keep insisting that Santa is real, even when the kids figure out he isn't real. I think THESE parents have issues. I...
I would not recommend this to anybody other than Motherin Magazine readers, but I started potty training my baby before she could sit up. Actually, she started potty training me! She slept with us and we never did disposable diapers so even before she was 6 months old she would first squirm alot, enough to wake me up. I would then go to the edge of the bed, put another cloth diaper under her, and then change her wet diaper and go back to sleep. I know why the books...
My almost-4-year old does NOT like Santa, never has. Well, once she did. It was a big 20 foot tall Santa in front of a tall office building waiving at her from across the street. She thought it was so nice. We tell her the truth, that some people believe that Santa Clause brings gifts to children all over the world. We don't tell her that we grew up poor and sometimes Santa missed our house COMPLETELY! I had a male employee once who told, "I don't tell my children...