or Connect

Posts by paranoidprego

We use vit D3 and probiotics from OrthoMolecular - my husband is a chiropractor so we get them for cheaper. But i subscribe to a blog and she had a nice comprehensive list of things for cold and flu remedies and preventions that I thought i would share even though this isn't what you are asking http://wellnessmama.com/1499/natural-remedies-for-illness/ (i don't know if the link will work:)  I also am planning on making these gummie vitamins as soon as my elderberries come...
My 3.5 year old has been potty trained during the day for nearly a year. I have not been able to get her to not pee at night. We were doing pull ups at night until a few weeks ago i got so sick of buying those dumb things and instead bought SuperUndies Nighttime cloth diapers. They work really well when with a doubler. I used cloth diapers with her when she was a baby but my washing machine (Duet) just didn't clean them well enough and she was getting rashes all the...
I was induced with this baby at 37 0/7 weeks. I was induced because i had a placental abruption last February at 38 6/7 weeks and my daughter died and i went into DIC. Super stress filled pregnancy with this one, but good induction. She is my 4th living child. compared to my other children, she seems behind in her development and i was wondering if being induced early could contribute to this?  she is definitely past 16 weeks, but by dates, she will turn 4 months on the...
thanks for ideas! i will look at what is Bishop score:) i see midwife tomorrow and she was going to check my cervix to see where we are at.
al 3 of my children got chicken pox 2 years ago, as in virus not vaccine. my son got it first. he was almost 4 at the time. he had such a mild case it was hard to tell what it was until his sisters came down with it (really bad). i am wondering if he has enough immunity to CP, should i re-expose him when given the opportunity, should i get his titers drawn? i just don't want him to go his whole life thinking he had CP and then he is like 40 and is exposed and gets it...
Thank you. The maternal fetal doctor advises against waiting any later than 37 weeks due to my previous pregnancy - i had a placental abruption at 38 weeks for no known reason. they typically induce a week before someone had an abruption. since we do not know why this happened they are being extra cautious. i get NST's done twice a week. with all my other babies, once my water broke or was broken, things went super fast too. my midwife thinks that it will be a slow labor...
thanks! i will do that:)
all three of my children got chicken pox the ol' natural way 2 years ago (they were ages 10 months, 3 and 5). my son got them first (the 3 year old) but he didn't get very many. a few on his torso, a few on his face but it was hard to know what it was until his sisters came down with it a few days later and they got it BAD, there was no question what he had at that point. so my question is: should i try to re-expose my son when given the opportunity? i'm afraid how bad...
Due to a full term loss in February, they are electively inducing me at 37 weeks (mid January). I have had 3 easy, natural completely wonderful births and one horrendous delivery (the last one which was natural but a emergency event). so naturally i am apprehensive of an induction because i have only heard horror stories but this is what needs to be done. i just thought i would ask you all if there was anything that might help things along before  date? i he wonderful...
i am 33 1/2 weeks and i have had multiple times in the past 2 months where i have had cramping and tightening that could last for a few hours. they are scary, but they always go away and i am back to normal. just wondering if anyone else experiences anything similar? i know the intestines and uterus are close to each other but its so annoying!