or Connect

Posts by Brown Lioness

Oh, how exciting! Many blessings to you!
Hey ladies, still here , hoping that this time next year will FINALLY be time to start TTCing, so im living vicariously through you guys til then Oh and i meant to post up that i recently got chastised by my new gyno that im "now in your 30's, so you better not wait too long to have kids". Oh and did I mention, i have JUST turned 31? Yea. I get that she had to mention it as she was just doing her job (i guess), but it has jarred me ever since. Did any of you...
Im another wife with a husband who doesnt read books and its not because he's lazy or unwilling to participate, but its because he finds ME to be the authority on all things pregnancy and childbirth. WHY?, because ive been studying it for years! (darn baby fever lol) and because he trusts my opinions, findings and intuition. He trusts ME over any book that i could throw at him, so i pretty much do like some posters above...I regurgitate what i learn to him so that i can...
Ok, so i have another baby related question tho, lol So, ...how "out" are you guys about your "alternative" plans for pregnancy and motherhood? Like, do you blog about it, talk about it with friends, discuss on sites or on Twitter/Facebook and stuff like that? Ive pretty much been in hiding (lol) so i just usually go around bookmarking all these things like sites, books and other things that im interested in and keep the things im learning/planning on to myself,...
What's your favorite music/band/artist/song...whatever you feel like sharing. What's your least favorite? Man, im a music fanatic, so i couldnt name my favorite song/band/artist for the life of me, lol. My favorite music all depends on my mood at the time. What about movies? TV (if you watch TV) Im not much of a movie person ( i get irritated at the "committment" it takes to watch a movie, lol). As far as TV, im pretty much a Cooking Channel/Food Network fan. ...
OMG, im jealous! I need to stock up on some suet here. I had JUST rendered some before we move back in May and my dear husband THREW IT AWAY while packing us up to move! Yea, so i need to stock up. Tallow is PERFECT for fries or any other frying, to put on roasting veggies, all that good stuff!
Ive been meaning to make it up to my local asian food market since i moved here earlier this year, but just havent yet. You can search on youtube for people showing you how to shop in asian grocery stores, check it...
Oddly enough, ive never had duck, but ive cooked with duck fat before (bought it online), lol. I would love to make some duck for Christmas this year so i will be trying to seek out some from the local farmers here. If not, i'll have to get it from Whole Foods (or my local co-op if they decide to carry it for the holidays).
I totally feel where you are coming from. I recently had my annual pap and my new gyno gave me the "Do you want kids, because if you do, you dont have long to wait now that you are over 30" speech. I felt MORTIFIED. I mean, i know in some respects, she's right, but OMG, if things were stable DANG STRAIGHT ID BE POPPING BABIES OUT LEFT AND RIGHT BY NOW!!! Sigh. Everyone in my peer goup is either finding out they're pregnant or popping babies out. Hubby is out of work...
VEGGIES! *drool*, to add to lean meats to help them cook, and for mayo making!