or Connect

Posts by Microsoap

Re: The "problems later on" b.s., I would look at them literally like they have 2 heads and say: - Would you remove your newborn's tonsils and appendices to prevent tonsillectomy and appendectomy later on? - Would you remove your daughters breasts at puberty to avoid breast cancer? What if they NEVER occur? You're denying him the most sexually sensitive area of his body FOR LIFE. I don't know about you, but I would want him to stay whole and the best he can be...
I hope I'm not annoying people with my constant posting of this one URL, but show your family-- who are very much brainwashed in the myths-- THIS one to show them how silly the "reasons" are when you take a step back to look at the BIG PICTURE: http://www.icgi.org/medicalization_o...ion.htm#Page_1 "Cures clubfoot"??!! :
I was sexually assaulted in October of 2000, and a Tempur-Pedic (Swedish foam mattress) wouldn't have helped me any. I also don't think continious use of hand creams to make the hands softer prior to punching a baby in the face ("they won't remember it when they're older" b.s.) would help.
I have an anti-circumcision button I have in my coat pocket and stick it on and mill around when I'm in public. My MySpace is a great source ("/jeremysumpter"). I also went to my city's main library. You know how you have those computers that are dedicated for the catalogue. They also have these little scraps of blank paper and tiny (golf) pencils beside them. I'll write: "www.intact.ca valuable source of information" ...and leave it behind on the top of the stack, like...
Okay, I think THIS has got to be the most unique question ever asked on The Case Against Circumcision forum: This a question to all the parents with circumcised sons whose sons know they're circ'd and know you're intactivist: Have they ever used their circ'd status as a way to get something they want by making you feel guilty about it? scenario: boy: "I want to go sleepover at Timmy's house tonight." parent: "No, sorry, you can't. boy: "But I really want...
I don't know if this helps anyone any, but I remember very well being 5 or 6 and laying down on my doctor's table for a routine exam like that and having the doctor put his hand down my pants and touch my penis and testicles. I don't recall him retracting my foreskin, though. I'm quite sure I would remember that. This would have been the early-'80s (1980, 1981).
Quote: Originally Posted by SleeplessMommy I really hate to ask, but why is a Hindu baby being circed? Was is done in Britain? I have not seen this documentary, and do not want to. So maybe someone can enlighten me? Most Indians I know are intact. Not that I go around checking pants. Perhaps he was Middle Eastern. He looked Hindu to me. You're right about Hindus being intact. The image is still fresh in my mind a decade later, but the "small...
I'm glad and proud you're respecting his body, his rights. I'm also very proud/glad you're willing to not make the same mistake over and over again. Sadly, so often, some parents will continue to circumcise their boys, even after they realize it's wrong, just so the other brothers won't "feel different" (nothing wrong with being different in so many other human capacities). And I believe circumcision seems to be the ONLY mistake parents are willing to inflict on others to...
Quote: Originally Posted by eclipse are these ever used for other necessary medical procedures? I mean, the picture and description is vomit worthy - I'm just trying to figure out if there is another legitimate use for them. Drawing blood... for blood samples?
I believe that can a prickly situation, buying on eBay. eBay rules state the seller must be related to the medical industry and print who they are and their address. To buy, I believe you have to meet some medical qualifications (buying Gomcos, Mogens, sheilds, etc.). One states: The sale of this item MAY be subject to strict regulation by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and state and local regulatory agencies. IF SO, do not bid on this item unless you are an...