or Connect

Posts by Danelle78

To contrast, I had my first baby at home with a midwife. Also did prenatal care with an OB. Long labor, 9'13oz babe, no tearing. Every story is different, every women has their own unique experience and there's no way to predict your outcome.   Pregnancy and birth are all about listening to your body, your heart, and your mind.  Pregnancy is also a journey with birth as the ending marathon. Slow down, explore the pros/cons options available to you, and read as many...
Oh, heck yeah, I second the snack. I actually keep a snack bag in the car. It's a 45 minute ride home for us. I get the exploding meltdowns about dinner, last night DD didn't "LIKE" her soup. That she hadn't even tried, btw. Then she didn't like the story and wanted the other book. The only peace was the 45 minutes we sat together snuggling for 'quiet time' watching a Muppet movie. Does he still get a nap at his care providers?
Sounds like 4 to me. :lol   1. namecalling, when in good fun, I join. When the "mean" face is one and she's hurling them, I turn it around and ask her how she'd feel if I called her names. We also talk about appropriate ways to talk to one another, respect, etc.   2. because my daughter is now four and she knows it's not acceptable at school, I have a no tolerance policy. We don't hit, kick, bite, etc. It's a one way ticket to her room to cool down and she can...
Yes to all this. Best advice I got was "lower your expectations". And yes, you will pass out on the couch in the evenings the first few months. And it's fine. Your child doesn't care about a clean bathroom, a spotless kitchen, etc. Also expect nurse-a-thons when you get home. He's simply reconnecting with you and wanting you. He'll get the hang of the day care routine. It's simply amazing to see all those little bodies passed out together. I don't know how the teachers...
I still wouldn't rule out the possibility of it not being a physiological issue.  Knew a lady who's son had this problem and turned out he was chronically constipated and had some other intestinal issues. Just may not completely be his fault, ya know? Might be worth evaluating.
You could get some Sodium Ascorbate powder for the neti pot. Give the sinuses a direct application of Vitamin C in addition to your usual mix. That seems to be helpful.
Yes, this totally.  My daughter is 4, same thing. It's just being 4. She gets small chores like sweeping and dusting and putting away her clothes. The snark and eye rolling and attitude grate on my nerves. But it is what it is and we just move on.
Quote: Originally Posted by loraxc About her brother--you have to understand that we have no options for him for K and 1 other than DD's current school or private (which we can't afford). I just cannot resign him to their zoned school, which is basically in freefall and close to being a "failing school" and having its funding revoked. I understand that it could seem unfair to DD to keep her here, but not as unfair as it would be to him to make him go to...
Quote: Originally Posted by THANKFULFORFIVE Just curious... Do most of you think the "scientific data" collected by the EPA is more believable or reliable than the data collected by the CDC, FDA, WHO, or any other govermental agency? Honestly. THe EPA, CDC and FDA are US agencies. When looking at GLOBAL problems it's not the go to place as it's too continent specific. And when speaking of global warming, we're not talking about what's going...
Um, my two year old daughter is 30 lbs and is 36 in. So EVERYONE else's child feels lighter to me.