or Connect

Posts by quietmama

One of my good friends swears by this recipe: Gluten Free Guru Bread Machine Recipe Here are her comments that went along with the recipe: We've experimented a bit with the amounts of ingredients, and here are our results: -in a taste test of all white rice flour, all brown rice flour, and half of each, T. and J. both preferred the taste of the all brown rice flour - we did NOT like the results when we tried 1/2 cup tapioca flour: too slimy! - the orig. recipe...
I was wondering if you have found any "must have" supplements while pregnant. I know Raspberry Leaf Tea is popular with pregnant Mama's. Any others? Where would you buy Raspberry Leaf Tea? Any nuritional advice that you felt really made a difference in your pregnancies? I've been nursing for the past six years and have three sons who are five and under so I'm feeling like I need to really boost my body up before this next babe is born and wonder if there anything...
Thanks to everyone for all their responses. So.... to answer the question, "Was I pregnant?" Check out my signature line! Yippee.... I'm in heaven. Now to join the Due Date Club!
**Two Updates Below** So bear with me.... My period started on March 23, well, kind-of started. The oddest cycle yet since my period returned a year ago after my last sons birth. It was spotty and random but then on March 25th it really started. It was a six day cycle (counting starting on March 23rd.) So about a week ago I started feeling completely exhausted. Going to bed at 9:30, instead of 11:00. Falling asleep when laying my ds down for his nap (which is...
This is cross posted from the Learning at Home and Beyond Board. I would love to hear both perspectives! http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=807896 ********* Currently my oldest son (5.5) has been in school for 4 months. This is his first year attending school. Right now we have him in a very small private school for his first year of Kindergarten. The school is very small and is in alignment with the way we are raising our three sons. Generally the values are...
Edited: 12/13/07 Thank you for all your thoughts on this. It's definitely helping me sort through things. I have cross posted this to the Learning at School Board as suggested by Jazzharmony. http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=810527 ****** Currently my oldest son (5.5) has been in school for 4 months. This is his first year attending school. Right now we have him in a very small private school for his first year of Kindergarten. The school is very...
Thanks for the ideas! I just ordered a box of the Blockade lozenges. I think these would be great to have on hand. Anyone have any nutrition recommends?
Hi, I was wondering what you all do when you start getting sick and when your little ones start to get sick. Tonight I started feeling really yuck and two of the boys are starting to cough and have runny noses. I always end up in the box of herbs/vitamins/meds scrounging through and grabbing stuff I hope works. I'd love to hear what you all do to prevent or help make better any illness that enters your homes. I'm guzzling water right now and have given the whole...
I just wanted to let you know that you aren't alone. I'm here desperately searching the Gentle Discipline Forum trying to get a perspective on using GD with three boys and also getting my DH on board with it. Raising three little boys, close in age, is really hard work and it's a hard balance. I will be watching this post closely to see what others come up with. Please feel free to post me privately and we could chat. I would love to talk with another Mama of three...
Hi Mama's, I'm Lagomama's sister. My sister was due on June 8th. Last Wednesday, May 24th, she had a baby girl via c-section. Due to a prolapsed cord, she was rushed to the emergency room and within minutes of arrival had her baby c-section. My sister is doing very well, and baby Berkeley is getting stronger and stronger each day. Berkeley Susan was born at 11:51 p.m. weighing in at 6 lbs. 15 ozs. As of right now Berkeley is in the NICU until June 8th because of...