or Connect

Posts by gen_here

Please remove me from the DDC. Thanks =)
I've never been a big drinker - and even not pregnant I can't finish a whole glass. But I've had 1/2 or 1/4 glasses in pregnancy before - usually late 2nd to 3rd trimester. Just because of my past pregnancy history, I'd personally wait until next trimester - but that's just me. I have friends/family that were pregnant while living in Europe, and wine with meals is very, very common... even for *gasp* pregnant women.
Quote: Originally Posted by CookAMH Re: coconut - I recommend it, but recommend the actual full fat milk over the creamer. I don't know what they do to the creamer, but I believe there is no fat. However, the fat in coconut milk is SO GOOD for a pregnant woman - seek it out! You're right that the creamer lists 0 g fat per serving - but the serving is really small (like 2T, I believe). I have a feeling that if you use more than what's listed as...
Quote: Originally Posted by Virginia884 FYI- cottonbabies.com is havin a seconds sale today on bumgenius dipes. I started my stash! Posted via Mobile Device I got that email before bed last night. I don't really need to be adding to my diapers - I've CD'd 2 babes already, so we've got plenty of prefolds and FBs and hand-me-down WAHM dipes. But I've been hearing great things about the BumGenius diapers... so I picked up 3 of them. I hope...
We've never found before birth because I choose to not do ultrasounds in pregnancy (unless my doctor before or midwife now would think something was amiss - then I'd do it in a heartbeat). I was extremely ill during my first pregnancy for about 36 of the 41+ weeks - so everyone and their brother told me it was a girl. I personally have always loved the heart rate as the gender predictor: over 140 = girl and under 140 = boy... and the stinker was EXACTLY 140 every single...
Quote: Originally Posted by leahmn12 gen_here: Here's the stuff I'm talking about. It comes in 1/2 gallons, and it's yummy! http://www.turtlemountain.com/produc..._beverage.html I would top it off with the coconut coffee creamer for extra richness. Mmmmmm. Yes! That's the stuff. Thanks! We're on a tight budget, so I'm waiting for it to go on sale. The one store I was at yesterday had the creamers on sale - so I think I'll just dilute the...
Quote: Originally Posted by milosmomma We're also getting a lot of people SHOCKED that we're having another baby because we have one of each already. My husband is a pastor, and we're in a great situation now (surrounded by homeschoolers, families with 6 kids or more, accepting and encouraging of our decisions, etc.). So we haven't had that here. But the place we left before this one, and the one before that, we got that all the time. In...
Quote: Originally Posted by Lyss Sandrine, that is so sweet. We haven't told our kids yet (almost-3 and almost-5), but the younger one was talking about the baby in my belly and patting it. Little pitchers have big ears. Or he just sees what a big belly I have! We haven't told ours, either (almost 4 and 5.5). But shortly after we got the positive test, both said something to me - individually and away from the other - about a baby...
MW found it yesterday at 11w5d. It took awhile, and I'm not thin at all, but it was SO reassuring!
Quote: Originally Posted by number572 Oh No! Just realized that I crashed a due date club... sorry, I just scan the new posts... please dismiss if this doesn't fit you!! No worries - we're friendly =) Thanks for the advice!