or Connect

Posts by Rasa

I've been using a baby k'tan mostly, as L is also held during sleep.  It's the knit cotton fabric like a moby but is 2 loops instead of a giant piece that you tie.  There's also a wrap-around piece to the K'tan for when they get bigger.  I got the version that has mesh fabric on the back to make it lighter weight fabric-temp wise for me.  I can put this on even when DD is asleep (though there's a little wrangling needed) and she feels very secure in it to me.  I find...
I ditto the EC Simplified rec...I got the option with the audiobook and DH listened to it during his commute!
We've had a busy household as well, lots of visitors, and baby's first cold!  I find that we do best when home and when DH or I are holding L.  When someone else is holding her, it seems like she doesn't even try very hard to communicate her need to go to the potty with them.  Fortunately it's just us for a while to come now and baby seems over her cold for the most part.   I've been loving prefolds for those minimally wet diapers!  I also got ahold of a 'potty bowl'...
Lala, I do use snappis under the pull-on wool covers but not under the wool Imse Vimse wrap cover. Whether I'm snappi-ing or not I do jelly roll and Angel wing combo. The wrap is snug/trim enough that everything stays in place without a snappi but no way on the pull up covers (I wish!!)
Chiming in with prefold love.  I've only tried 2 brands because I wanted something organic, Under the Nile (very soft but quite bulky in the center portion so they take longer to dry) and Bummis (I really like them though they're not quite as soft as the UTN ones).   I have a handful of fitteds that I figured we'd use at night for absorbency but now that she's staying pretty dry, a snappi'd prefold works fine (actually I find the soft cotton used on the UTN prefolds...
Mama505, I had DH read your post because that's pretty much the position he has found that works well for him and baby has been pretty comfortable with him like that (he said it's cause he has a belly for baby to lean into, ha ha). I think as he gets more info and feedback, he's relaxing into the idea! Didn't hurt he found out a new friend whom he admires EC'd her child almost 10 hrs ago! I use pretty much the same position but sometimes also just wrap my arm around her...
"Responsive cloth diapering"--thanks, I hadn't thought of it that way but that's definitely how we roll. Even if I could stand to let her sit in her wet/dirty diaper (yuck) she can't at ALL so we change within moments if at all possible. In fact, that's really one of the only reasons she fusses and I feel so bad for that reason if I can't 'potty' her. For the most part, we've been holding her over the sink or a little potty (her bum is so little I don't have anything I...
Deleted for double post (sorry!)
Yes lala, thanks for the gentle reminder about it being about the communication and not the catches...I could see myself getting caught up trying to catch everything if I don't remember that ;-) I had never heard about EC when DD1 was little, I'm excited to see so many people I talk to aware of it now! Jess, that's great you have a supportive practicing community at hand!! It will be great to hear/see what has worked well for others who've been there/done that!
I know someone else was asking if we had an EC support thread and I know we have at least one expert here (Aletheia!) and I've been wanting to get some more info/support for some time! If you're at all interested in or are trying out EC (Elimination Comminication/infant potty learning etc), let's talk! There is an EC thread on MDC but I think it will be really helpful to me at least to have info from those of you with babies the same age range as mine. So...anyone...