or Connect

Posts by mac's mom

I had my first at 27, at the end of my 2d year of law school. Overall, I found it doable bc law school was more flexible than a job setting. However, if I could re-work a single thing in my whole life, it would be having the ability to stay at home with my children (I am currently practicing). I did not have academic problems, etc., but the separation when I got my first job just nearly drove me crazy. I went into debt for law school and now, like so many lawyers, have...
My oldest is 7 and I have worked since he was 10 months old...financial necessity for us. I have learned to take it easy on myself -- and therefore others, so that our home is more peaceful. There are still days I leave with tears in my eyes; I suspect that will never change, no matter how old they are. On the spiritual/emotional front, I have really struggled to accept that not being able to stay home is --for me, not for every mom who works -- a real loss that...
These folks need a family law attorney based in WA, with experience dealing w CPS. Do they have one??
Carmen Veranda I'm with you on the do I play or clean question!! It is a struggle to keep up with the basics of laundry, dishes. Dusting? Ha! Actually organizing anything? Ha! But I do love to play!!! I find that I'm torn between wanting the kids in bed at a decent hour and wanting to play with them more. When I do let them stay up later, it's sometimes okay, but often detriorates into tantrums, etc.--then it's no fun and has defeated the purpose. How do...
I have no idea what "bump" means. I'm not a veteran, so please fill me in. What happened to this list? It's been soooo quiet! Mac's mom
I like your suggestions about making divorce seem like something that happens after the kids are grown--but the aunt/uncle divorce has children of almost exactly my childrens' ages. Any advice for that?? Thanks!
Hello All, I'm facing talking with my 3.5 year old about two : touchy topics: -divorce (not ours, grandparents and uncle/aunt) and -death. The divorce is easier bc the divorcees live far away. However, we will soon be visiting them and I am weighing options for telling ds what to expect. I'm leaning toward telling him (maybe one day before we go) that gma and gpa don't live together anymore and that gpa won't be there when we arrive. And give some lame...
I am a full time WOHM. It's total hogwash that working moms can't AP. Both of my children are/were exclusively breastfed, cloth diapered, co-sleeping, etc. etc... It does take work (but I assume it does for SAHMs, too)--and a supportive partner. My dh works part time and cares for our children as much as I do. It's not all hunky-dorry, though. There are days when I would love nothing more than to resign and stay home doing craft projects with the kids all day. ...
I work FT. I'm (finally) ok with my 3.5 year old going to daycare 3 days /week, but it's hard to be away from my one year old. My husband works pt an evening shift, so we do the switch-a-roo like lots of you. I do get resentful that he has more time with the kids, but it's what we've got to do. I make more $$$ so it just makes sense. Luckily, the baby was able to come to work with me until she was about 6 mos and now dh brings her here to nurse 1 or 2/day. We,...
BY comes in flakes and powder. Powder is better. It disolves better, tastes better, etc. We love it sprinkled on hot popcorn! I also have a fantastic recipe for tofu pot pie with nutritional yeast gravy that is YUMMY! Let me know if you'd like me to post it.