or Connect

Posts by DoulaClara

And, want to share your thoughts and feelings? I'm pregnant, and making some decisions about how and where I will birth this time. It's open enrollment time, and this is one of our two choices (besides BCBS, and I already feel like I've got that one down). Or even if you have experience with PH that has nothing to do with giving birth, or getting reimbursed for out of hospital birthing. If you don't feel comfortable posting here, I'm happy with PMs. Thanks! Clara
13 W, 1 D here. I'm still spotting off and on, but I've gone a whole day without it, yay! Sorry about the rotovirus. I hope it's over soon. I have zero energy. Pregnant with a toddler sure is different than pregnant and teaching kindergarten. With Gianna, I was able to come home and nap, and sleep on the weekends. Now, not so much. My uterus feel strange and sometimes painful, but I think it's a combo of my Cesarean scar stretching, and round ligament pain. Oh,...
I'm not getting it, either, but the announcement that the first available H1N1 vaccinations are nasal mist and they're recommending it for health care providers made me (and still makes me) so ANGRY. How dare they? They know that the nasal mist is dangerous for babies and pregnant women, and who usually is seeing health care providers on a fairly regular basis, but BABIES AND PREGNANT WOMEN!!!!! Is anyone paying attention?!?!? (obviously us, but I mean the rest of the...
It's a beautiful, beautiful thing! Enjoy! Tonight we had a full Thanksgiving dinner in honor of hearing our baby's heartbeat on Wed- this is our third pregnancy this year, and it looks like this one will finally stick!
I'm still looking for a doula. In terms of a birth plan- as much fun as it was to write them with clients to just get their thoughts and desires onto paper, an actual birth plan (IME and IMO, so you aren't really going to get an argument from me if you feel differently!) is only really useful for when things really tilt sideways, and you are unable to do the talking. Even with Gianna's birth, which was a transfer via ambulance from a free standing birth center to a...
Wow, good luck selling and showing! Add me to the list of people who couldn't imagine trying to stage a house for selling right now. Ugh. Erika, I'm so glad you know about the MTHFR. It's not as rare as doctors like to think- I've seen statistics that say that women of Irish descent are as likely as 30% to carry at least one half of the MTHFR. I'm surprised that your doctors hadn't tested you prior to this; I'm planning on getting a homocysteine and folate draw after...
Erika, waiting really is so difficult. I hope you get some good answers. I feel like crud- my eyes and nose will not stop running, my throat hurts, my body aches, and I'm whipped. This had better not be the flu. I'm going to eat garlic like crazy.
Hugs Carly- I'm numb about this pregnancy, too. This is my third pregnancy this year- one ended at 7 weeks and 4 days in Feb, one ended at 8 weeks and 5 days on July 1. Two weeks later, we conceived, and now here I am. Sick, exhausted, bigger belly... and still? I also have a doc that doesn't think my measures (wild yam and baby aspirin) are necessary, but she's of the "Shrug, do what makes you happy" variety, so I won't be switching yet. We'll wait and see what she...
With my daughter, I remember feeling crummy for a good long while- I think it was almost Feb when I finally felt like I was coming out of it- so I would have been close to 20 weeks! I'm beyond 11 weeks now, and I still have lots of times during the day where I just feel terrible. I second the recommendation for some type of water with additives- I've been drinking Vitamin Water and it's really helping with that dizziness. Hugs. This will eventually pass!
Hey, another MI doula is due in April- what will I do? (although seriously, PM me if you have any recs...) I am so spacey, and having a hard time focusing on things, and noise is distracting the heck out of me. I'm getting annoyed at extraneous noises, I think, because I'm so distracted already, it doesn't take a whole lot to derail me completely! I bet it has some primal, safety implications. We have to be extra tuned-in to our surroundings so that we can take...