or Connect

Posts by momofcutie

Quote: Originally Posted by Dechen : I have a weakness for smart, spunky, and troublesome animals. I think I note a pattern (see your sig)...
Quote: Originally Posted by haleyelianasmom Euthanasia is not an option. It sounds like you are firm on this, so now your options are to rehome your dog or keep her separated from your DD at all times. For me, it would add way too much stress to my life to have to keep a dog and a child separated for safety issues. And it's not fair to the dog to keep her in the basement away from her family (but it sounds like that's only a temporary...
I've had a couple experiences with this that I'd like to share. My first dog as an adult was a mini poodle/schnauzer mix. We adopted her through a rescue group. Over the year we had her, she bit three of our friends' kids. Not broken skin bites, but still. We didn't consider euthanizing her because she was a great dog otherwise. By the time our son was 4 months old, we realized that we were not the right fit for her. The rescue group didn't know that she needed...
Quote: Originally Posted by UUMom I don't think we need to worry about this...people are either interested or not. Some people think this sort of thing is important to know and others do not. I think we can leave it at that. I agree. And we should have. Quote: Originally Posted by UUMom I know I won't ever say here that historical dates are important... ever again. I don't think that's the problem here. It's more...
Well, we didn't get to go see them today. My son got sick and amazed me by taking a voluntary nap. (He's better now.) There's been this nagging feeling in the back of my mind today that I should stick with rescue groups and not go with shelters. You just have so much more information when the dogs are fostered with families. But on the other hand, we found our dog Raven at the SPCA and she is a wonderful, tolerant, well-behaved dog. I think with our special...
Just looking... : They are rescues, but they aren't in foster homes and that's usually a requirement of mine. They are about halfway and at the bottom of the page. One is Hanna and one is Blizzard. What do you think? http://www.tulsapets.com/maindog.htm
Quote: Originally Posted by UUMom I do not believe one can have a 'good understading' of a historical event if one doesn't know when it took place. Without understanding the timeline in which events occur, there is no context. Without knowledge of what came before, any 'understanding' is superficial , at best. You're right. But that doesn't equate to having to know an exact year. I knew it was in the 1600s. I knew it was after Colombus and...
Quote: Originally Posted by Danemom He only THINKS I am obsessed with the dogs now. One good quote deserves another!
We just found that our son's writing problems are a result of visual processing problems and eye muscle control problems (convergence insufficiency) and a fine motor delay. Well, we've known about the fine motor delay for a couple years, but the visual processing is a relatively new thing. He is now doing prism therapy to strengthen his eye muscles and help them work together. We've used Handwriting Without Tears for 2 years. It was recommended by our occupational...
I don't know the Mayflower date either, but I have a good understanding of the overall story and I think that is good enough. However, my understanding has been formed more by historical fiction and historical epic movies than by anything I learned in history in school. Only in college did I learn that the Civil War was about more than slavery. I plan on focusing (in our homeschooling) on the people behind the facts and the overall way that historical events have...