or Connect

Posts by Yoshua

Wow, glad there is a wealth of knowledge here. You are asking all the right questions and getting all of the right answers.     Your son may not retract until puberty, or even during or after, and that is 'normal'. A eurologists job is to 'fix' things, so often times people who are used to 'fixing' things through circumcision will jump to that conclusion. It probably isn't anything sinister on his part, its just that you were referred to him with a possible problem...
1- the internet provides a layer of anonymity that seems to make people forget their manners. 2- I've actually had the same thing happen but a woman was the one who decided to tell me. (similar situation, talking on the internet and bam, out of no where.... it actually made me think that it was a guy pretending to be a woman but nope, it was a woman) 3- meh, i could care less one way or another if someone feels the need to proclaim it, that's their business
My guess is that life will go on, just as it did in 999, 1999, and 2010.... I was tempted to post up that Obama positivity thing to finish of this post but I thought better of it seeing as how infrequently I post now. People get way too hyped up about superstistion. If the world ends there is nothing I can do about it. I'll sit back, have a drink and watch the lights go out. Oh, and stock up on toilet paper. When the lights go out it is going to be...
if my kid wanted to call me at 3am i would want them to have access to do it. I would however remind them that they will get to see me the next day and it is ok to go back to sleep. It's not like I'd jump up and go pick them up unless something horrendous was going on.
Didn't read all the replies. This is from a step fathers point of view. Your husband is still a person and as a person he is being irrational. We all get irrational at times. He is irritated about something, or jealous about something about your daughter and from the sounds of it he never managed to form that father daughter bond, for whatever reason he sees her more as an equal and an adversary than someone to raise up and train to make good decisions in their...
Quote: Originally Posted by Irishmommy There's a huge difference between and The first is rude and obnoxious, the second is honest and polite. I can see where you see that. But to me it amounts to the same thing. and to be honest when I first wrote 'isn't it obvious?' I probably should have said "" People can word things however they want, but my sentiment amounts to the...
Quote: Originally Posted by limabean Really? You'd look your sweet, friendly hairdresser who has a different, way more open perception of FB and would be asking the question in a genuine way, wondering if maybe there was a glitch in her account, in the eye and say "Isn't it obvious?" if she asked why you were no longer on her friends list? These aren't people I hate, they're people I'm friendly with. I get my hair done at great clips so...
you are an extra gracious unpaid baby sitter. I'd in no uncertain terms tell the mom that it costs 20$ a day to watch her kid after school. Either she would find someone else or you wouldn't be concerned about hearing 'thankyou' anymore. Either way you win. I wouldn't characterize this as taking advantage of you. but I would call it not appreciating you, and if you want to be appreciated by someone who is unappreciative you will be waiting a very long time...
ummm i'm pretty brutal when it comes to honesty. Are these people you interact with in daily life? If the answer is 'no' I'd respond with 'isn't it obvious?' if the answer is 'yes' I'd respond with 'I decided not to use FB to plan my social events, if you want to hang out call me on the phone'
My personal experience being a kid in a broken home (it is what I call my child life, don't correct it even if you feel the need) is that it should be up to the kid as soon as they express their opinions. Even if it hurts a grown ups feelings. The work around to this is to do shared visits at a park until the kid is comfortable being alone with the other adult. If the adult who is not being chosen feels shunned? They should. And they should self evaluate 'why' they...